Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Will Smith
- Bill Pullman
- Jeff Goldblum
- Mary McDonnell
- Judd Hirsch
- Robert Loggia
- Randy Quaid
- Margaret Colin
- James Rebhorn
- Harvey Fierstein
Did You Know?
- (at around 27 mins) The line, "Eh, f**k my lawyer," was said by Harvey Fierstein and the expletive was dubbed over with "forget" in the final cut to keep the movie from getting an 'R' rating.
- (at around 23 mins) The policeman on the horse turns it around twice.
- David Levinson: We're hit! We took a hit!
- [escapes from the alien ship]
- Captain Steven Hiller: Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!
- Captain Steven Hiller: Oh! Elvis has left the building!
- [in Elvis voice]
- David Levinson: Oh, thank you very much.
- [in his own voice]
- David Levinson: Oh, I love you man!
- Captain Steven Hiller: We're not hit! We're not hit! Stop side-seat driving!
- [trying to make a break for the exit]
- David Levinson: Left! Left! Tunnel! Tunnel! Exit! Exit! Left!
- Captain Steven Hiller: Where the hell do you think I'm going?
- David Levinson: Ok, ok. We're we're we're uh...
- [indicating they were communicating]
- David Levinson: Uh oh, they're closing up on us... they're closing...
- Captain Steven Hiller: Shut up, shut up, shut up!
- David Levinson: Must go faster. Must go faster! Must go faster! Go, go, go, go!
Atom User Reviews
The alien attack, taking place in several cities at once, is breathtaking...All the same, Independence Day is consistently funny.
A rousing state-of-the-art cartoon capped by an aerial-combat climax that, to its credit, isn't anti-climactic. [2 July 1996, p.D1]
For all of its huge budget, Independence Day is a timid movie when it comes to imagination. The aliens, when we finally see them, are a serious disappointment.