- 2hr 22m
- 2hr 22m
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Dustin Hoffman
- Robin Williams
- Julia Roberts
- Bob Hoskins
- Maggie Smith
- Caroline Goodall
- Charlie Korsmo
- Amber Scott
- Laurel Cronin
- Phil Collins
Did You Know?
- Dustin Hoffman's three children make appearances in the movie. His youngest son, Max Hoffman played five-year-old Peter Pan. His daughter, Rebecca Hoffman played Jane in the play at the beginning of the movie, and his oldest son, Jake Hoffman played a little league player in Jack's baseball game.
- The bedsheet tent is knocked down as the children are kidnapped, but set up by the time Peter has a drink.
- Peter Banning: You're a... you're a complex Freudian hallucination having something to do with my mother and I don't know why you have wings, but you have very lovely legs and you're a very nice tiny person and what am I saying, I don't know who my mother was; I'm an orphan and I've never taken drugs because I missed the sixties, I was an accountant.
- Tinkerbell: Guess again.
- [Tinkerbell takes the sheet which makes Peter trip on the floor]
- Peter Banning: Oh, look, stars.
- Tinkerbell: That's right, Peter, second star to the right and straight on till morning.
- [Tinkerbell takes Peter by the strings of the sheet]
- Tinkerbell: Neverland!
Atom User Reviews
Hook never reaches Nirvana. It doesn't grab the audience, fling it into another world and make people forget where they parked their cars. But it does leave the viewer with a glow, and along the way it has magical moments, even if it's not fully magical as a whole. [11 Dec. 1991, p.E1]
Spielberg hooks us again with state-of-the-art craft, the director taps into powerful myths, both primal and pop, and makes them seem new. He allows grownups to return to childhood, but manages to catch fish in all generational waters.
Poignancy. Lessons to be learned. Speeches to be made. Lost marbles to be rediscovered. Tears to be shed. The conclusion of Hook would be embarrassingly excessive even for a movie in which something of substance had gone before.