Trivia for Halloween Kills
Showing all 17 items
Jump to: Spoilers (3)
- In July 2019, the titles and release dates of two sequels were announced: Halloween Kills, set to be released on October 16, 2020, and Halloween Ends, set to be released on October 15, 2021.
- On July 26, 2019, it was confirmed that Nick Castle will return for both sequels for some scenes as Michael Myers with James Jude Courtney again playing Myers for the majority of the films.
- On August 26, 2019, it was announced that Anthony Michael Hall would join the cast as Tommy Doyle.
- On August 30, 2019, it was announced that Kyle Richards would reprise her role as Lindsey Wallace.
- In June 2019, it was reported that a sequel will begin filming in September 2019, with Green returning to write the script and direct and Curtis, Greer, and Matichak reprising their roles from the 2018 film.
- This film will be the second installment in the Michael Myers/Laurie Strode saga films. It will take place in between Halloween (2018) and Halloween Ends (2021).
- Jamie Lee Curtis reprises her role as Laurie Strode for a sixth time and in doing so surpasses Donald Pleasence with the most appearances in the Halloween series.
- On September 5, 2019, it was announced that indie cinema and festival darling Robert Longstreet has joined the cast as adult Lonnie Elam, who bullied Tommy and tried to make him believe that the boogeyman was coming after him in the 1978 original. Lonnie is also the same kid who was dared to go into Michael Myers' old house, and while hiding in the bushes, Dr. Loomis famously yelled, "Hey! Hey, Lonnie, get your ass away from there!" to which Lonnie and his friends scrammed.
- Principal photography for Halloween Kills began on September 12, 2019 on location in Wilmington, NC.
- This and Halloween Ends (2021) are the fourth Universal Pictures sequels to be filmed back to back. The first were Back to the Future Parts II & III, both released in 1989 & 1990, the second were Child's Play 2 & 3, both released in 1990 & 1991 (although helmed by two different directors), and the third were Fifty Shades Darker & Fifty Shades Freed, both released in 2017 & 2018.
- Paul Rudd was offered to reprise his role Tommy Doyle but had to decline due to scheduling conflicts with Ghostbusters 2020.
- Anthony Michael Hall replaces Paul Rudd in playing Tommy Doyle.
- Paul Rudd gave Anthony Michael Hall his blessing to play Tommy Doyle.
- Jamie Lee Curtis, Charles Cyphers, Kyle Richards, Nancy Stephens, and Nick Castle were all in the original Halloween and all returning for this next sequel. Also, "Tommy Doyle" and "Lonnie Elam" are more characters from the original returning but recasted with Anthony Michael Hall and Robert Longstreet.
- Diva Tyler is back also from the previous installment as the caretaker of the graveyard who now is listed as "Sondra".
- Carmela McNeal is back also as the "sexy nurse" Vanessa as well as Michael Smallwood as the "hunky doctor" Marcus.
- Nancy Stephens who appeared as Marion Chambers in the original "Halloween" (1978) as well as "Halloween II" (1981) and "Halloween H20" (1998) will also return in "Halloween Kills" (2020)