- 3hr 58m
- 3hr 58m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Thomas Mitchell
- Barbara O'Neil
- Vivien Leigh
- Evelyn Keyes
- Ann Rutherford
- George Reeves
- Fred Crane
- Hattie McDaniel
- Oscar Polk
- Butterfly McQueen
Did You Know?
- At nearly four hours long, this is the longest running of all motion pictures to win the prestigious Academy Award for Best Picture.
- When Scarlett is attacked on the bridge, her hat disappears and reappears between shots.
- Prissy: Mammy, here's Miss Scarlett's vittles.
- Scarlett: You can take it all back to the kitchen; I won't eat a bite.
- Mammy: Yes'm you is, you's gonna eat every mouthful of this.
- Scarlett: No... I'm... NOT.
Atom User Reviews
A towering landmark of film, quite simply because it tells a good story, and tells it wonderfully well.
The most striking effect of the Technicolor process is its subtlety. The viewer is aware of the gradations of flesh tones in Leigh's face and can see the color rise in her cheeks. The exact color of her eyes is a source of fascination (they are gray-blue with flashes of green).
The sexual tension and humorous byplay between Leigh and co-star Clark Gable, in the role of gentleman rogue Rhett Butler, was riveting. And so was Leigh's portrayal of a viper trying to consume the good-hearted Ashley Wilkes, embodied by the fine-boned Hungarian-turned-British actor, Leslie Howard.