Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Julianne Moore
- John Turturro
- Caren Pistorius
- Michael Cera
- Brad Garrett
- Holland Taylor
- Jeanne Tripplehorn
- Rita Wilson
- Chris Mulkey
- Cassi Thomson
Did You Know?
- The poem that Arnold reads to Gloria is called "For a Young Friend Who Tried to Take His Own Life" by Chilean poet Claudio Bertoni.
- When Gloria is at the paintball field, her guide (and boyfriend) is a former Marine and the manager/owner of the attraction. When he leaves the rifle in her hands, he points out it is on Automatic mode. Nevertheless, when Gloria shoots, according to the sound, as well as the results, it is obviously on Manual mode - shooting bullets one by one.
- Gloria: You're doing the right thing. It's gonna be fine.
- Arnold: Thank you for saying that. You just may not see how difficult this is for me.
- Gloria: How can I not see you? I'm looking straight at you.
Atom User Reviews
Save your money and time.
You know it’s a boring movie when you hope that one of her one night stands goes all “Looking For Mr. Goodbar” on her. No such luck. 😳
Given its similarity to the original, Gloria Bell could have just been a curiosity—but the hilarious performances by Moore, Cera, and Turturro make Lelio’s return to his own material more than worth it.
Crucially, like its predecessor, Gloria Bell maintains a warm but rigorously unsentimental tone despite material which could easily lend itself to mawkish sentimentality.
Moore’s performance means that we are with Gloria every step of the way, sharing in the little victories and the jolting setbacks.