Ghostbusters (1984) 35th Anniversary
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Bill Murray
- Dan Aykroyd
- Sigourney Weaver
- Harold Ramis
- Rick Moranis
- Annie Potts
- William Atherton
- Ernie Hudson
- David Margulies
- Steven Tash
Did You Know?
- In a deleted scene, Bill Murray plays a bum that looks and acts just like his character in Caddyshack (1980).
- The eggs cooking on the counter top only partially turn white, exposing a seam between the hot and cold sections of the counter.
- [Inspecting Dana's refrigerator for paranormal activity]
- Dr. Peter Venkman: I don't think you're crazy.
- Dana Barrett: Oh, good, that makes me feel so much better.
- Dr. Peter Venkman: Oh, my *God*. Look at all the junk food!
- Dana Barrett: No, goddammit. Look, this wasn't...
- Dr. Peter Venkman: You actually eat this stuff?
- Dana Barrett: Look, this wasn't here! There was *nothing* here! There was a space and there was a building or something with flames coming out of it, and there were creatures writhing around, and they were growling and snarling. And there were flames, and I heard a voice say "Zuul"! It was right here.
- Dr. Peter Venkman: I'm sorry, I'm just not getting any readings.
- Dana Barrett: Well, are you sure you're using that thing correctly?
- Dr. Peter Venkman: Well, I... I think so, but I'm sure there are no animals in there.
- Dana Barrett: Well that's great. Either I have a monster in my kitchen or I'm completely crazy.
Atom User Reviews
One of the greatest movies of all time. Seeing it on the big screen even 35 years later was an amazing experience
Still one of my all time favorites. Saw stuff I never noticed before whenever I watch I watch the movie
Ghostbusters is one of those rare movies where the original, fragile comic vision has survived a multimillion-dollar production.
Ghostbusters is a hoot. It's Murray's picture, and in a triumph of mind over matter, he blows away the film's boring special effects with his one-liners. Spotting a lusty, totally transformed, fire-breathing Slgourney Weaver, whose body has been overtaken by a spirit, Murray walks past her saying, That's a new look for you, isn't it? Thank you, Bill. And don't get outta here, you knucklehead. We like you in this kind of movie.