Trivia for Gambit
Showing all 17 items
- Channing Tatum auditioned for the role in X-Men: The Last Stand (2006). He told Total Films in an interview that he has wanted to play the character since he was young.
- Chris Claremont, who co-created Gambit with Jim Lee wrote a story treatment for the film.
- Tatum said that he was reading up on speaking Cajun in 2014 in preparation for the film.
- Bennett Miller, Darren Aronofsky, J.C. Chandor and Gareth Evans were offered to direct but passed on the film.
- This will be Gambit's second film appearance after X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009). He was considered to appear in X-Men (2000).
- Taylor Kitsch wanted to reprise his role of Gambit, in which he was portrayed in X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009), but Fox wanted someone else to take over the role. Channing Tatum then was cast in the role.
- Before Léa Seydoux was cast as Bella Donna, Rebecca Ferguson and Abbey Lee were considered for the role.
- When Rupert Wyatt dropped out of the director's position, the short list of directors considered to replace him included: F. Gary Gray, Shane Black, Joe Cornish and Doug Liman. In the end, Liman was chosen to helm the film.
- Doug Liman was previously on the short list to direct The Wolverine (2013) after original director, Darren Aronofsky, dropped out of the film. However, James Mangold was eventually chosen to direct.
- Doug Liman was going to be the fourth multi-franchise director to direct an X-Men movie. The first was Bryan Singer, second is Brett Ratner and the third is Matthew Vaughn.
- Anna Paquin who played Rogue in X-Men (2000), X2: X-Men United (2003), X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) and X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) confirmed on twitter that she will not appear in the film. However, Paquin later clarified that what she meant was that she did not know whether or not the character would be in the film.
- Lea Seydoux will be the third 'Bond' girl to portray an X-Men character, following Famke Janssen and Halle Berry.
- It was confirmed that Taylor Kitsch was out and Channing Tatum would be replacing him in the role of Remy Lebeau/Gambit by producer Lauren Shuler Donner during an interview for X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014).
- Gambit was originally set for October 2016 but later was delayed.
- Doug Liman left as the director of the film to work on Justice League Dark instead.
- Gore Verbinski was at one point attached to direct the film.
- This the 19th film of X-Men series