Trivia for Fighting with My Family
Showing all 13 items
- Is based on WWE superstar Paige and her family.
- Scenes for this movie were shot in the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California after WWE Monday Night RAW on March 20, 2017. The scene included a re-creation of a match between Paige (Saraya-Jade Bevis) and A.J. Lee (A.J. Mendez).
- During filming of the WWE wrestling scenes between Paige and A.J. Lee, fans kept chanting the name of "C.M. Punk" (A.J.'s real-life husband, who was fired from WWE on less-than-amicable terms in 2014). In response to the chants, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson called Punk on his phone from the middle of the ring, and left a voicemail, telling Punk that fifteen thousand fans were chanting his name at the Staples Center. Backstage, WWE Producer Paul Levesque was said to be seething at Punk's non-pre-approved mention, reportedly telling audio technicians, "Cut his mike, cut his mike. Doesn't he realize we're in a lawsuit with this guy?" A visibly annoyed Rock was then heard telling a crew member at ringside, "Tell them, they better not cut my mike." Soon afterwards, Levesque and Vince McMahon sent out a referee to tell The Rock to stop making C.M. Punk references, even though this was taking place after Monday Night RAW had gone off the air. Dwayne later said of the incident, "I work off instinct, always listen to the people, and try to give them something special. Huge positive feedback from the fans. Fun night."
- Scenes were filmed before and after WWE Raw (1993) on February 20, 2017. Scenes were also filmed after WWE SmackDown Live (1999) and WWE: 205 Live (2016) on February 21, 2017.
- Filming took place in Paige's home city of Norwich, England and the nearby coastal town of Great Yarmouth on April 3 and April 4, 2017.
- During production, numerous private sex videos of Paige (Saraya-Jade Bevis) were hacked and widely circulated on the internet. This was not written into the movie.
- On April 9, 2018, Paige was forced to retire from wrestling at the age of twenty-five, after suffering a stinger during a match with Sasha Banks in December 2017, which aggravated a neck injury Paige first sustained in June 2016, while she was in a relationship with Alberto Del Rio.
- Some of the side characters, while not specifically named, are meant to resemble sports entertainers and Paige's WWE coworkers Charlotte Flair and Pete Dunne, among others.
- Stunt doubles for the wrestling scenes were done by Thea Trinidad (ring name: Zelina Vega), who portrays AJ Lee, and Tessa Blanchard, who portrays Paige, in ring. Vega made her own debut in WWE shortly after the filming of this film. Blanchard performed in WWE's inaugural Mae Young Classic all-women's wrestling tournament in 2017. And then went on to become one of the most respected female wrestlers on the independent scene, much like Paige herself, before she joined WWE.
- Despite rumours, this movie will NOT feature a behind the scenes feature on Paige's sex tape, it will also not feature any shots from the tape or recreate the tape in any way
- Dwayne Johnson and Vince Vaughn were also together in Be Cool.
- Dwayne Johnson and Steve Merchant were also in Tooth Fairy (2010).
- Dwayne Johnson was filming Fast & Furious 6 (2013) in the UK when he discovered this documentary on TV in his hotel room about a crazy English family of wrestlers. The 'underdog' aspect of it instantly appealed to him, prompting him to contact British writer Stephen Merchant about developing the story into a feature-length biopic. Writer-director Merchant, who also plays Hugh in the film, is actually 2" taller than 'The Rock' with whom he'd earlier co-starred in Tooth Fairy (2010).