Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Sean Penn
- Jennifer Jason Leigh
- Judge Reinhold
- Robert Romanus
- Brian Backer
- Phoebe Cates
- Ray Walston
- Scott Thomson
- Vincent Schiavelli
- Amanda Wyss
Did You Know?
- Sean Penn asked out Pamela Springsteen, who played Dina the cheerleader, on the set of the movie; she accepted.
- When the robber hits the cookies off of the counter in the Mi-T-Mart, the boom can be seen moving in the window reflection.
- Mike Damone: I mean don't just walk in. You move across the room. And you don't talk to her. You use your face. You use your body. You use everything. That's what I do. I mean I just send out this vibe and I have personally found that women do respond. I mean, something happens.
- Mark Ratner: Well, naturally something happens. I mean, you put the vibe out to 30 million chicks, something is gonna happen.
- Mike Damone: That's the idea, Rat. That's the attitude.
- Mark Ratner: The attitude?
- Mike Damone: Yeah! The attitude dictates that you don't care whether she comes, stays, lays, or prays. I mean whatever happens, your toes are still tappin'. Now when you got that, then you have the attitude.
Atom User Reviews
Sean Penn's scenes are still so stunning...His Jeff Spicoli is an unabashed kick every second he is on the screen.
The film is far from perfect - the soundtrack occasionally chooses the wrong songs, there are times when the acting (especially by the supporting players) falters, and there are scenes (most of them throw-ways) that don't work. Aside from jump-starting so many promising motion picture careers (including Crowe, Heckerling, and members of the cast), Fast Times will always be remembered for one thing: showing respect for and insight into the members of its core audience, something that was as rare in the 1980s as it is today.