Trivia for Eli
Showing all 5 items
Jump to: Spoilers (2)
- Included in the 2015 Blacklist for top unproduced screenplays
- On December 13th, 2018 it was announced that Netflix purchased the rights of Eli from Paramount
- When Eli is laying down in bed, he glances up at the rafters & you can clearly see that they form upside down crosses, a sign that is now associated with Satan in pop culture. However, the upside down cross is actually a sign of St. Peter, a Christian, who requested to be crucified on an upside down cross. St. Peter requested this because he believed he was not worthy to be executed in the same fashion as Jesus Christ.
- Contains several parallels to Rosemary's Baby. Firstly, Eli's mother is named Rose. Secondly, there is a reference to Tanis Root, a plant invented for Rosemary's Baby. Thirdly, Eli turns out to be the son of Satan, like the titular baby in Rosemary's Baby.
- After leaving the Motel, they drive pass a rural crossroads in the middle of four fields. Legend has it that Robert Johnson made a deal with the Devil at a crossroads. This alludes to the fact that they are, in some way, dealing with the Devil.