Drag Me to Hell
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
- Trailer for this horror film from Sam Raimi (02:20)
- A woman is cursed after refusing a mortgage extension to an old lady (02:18)
Movie Info & Cast
- Alison Lohman
- Justin Long
- Lorna Raver
- Dileep Rao
- David Paymer
- Adriana Barraza
- Chelcie Ross
- Reggie Lee
- Molly Cheek
- Bojana Novakovic
Did You Know?
- The movie begins with the 1980s Universal logo, which refers to when director Sam Raimi got started in the horror genre with the first two "Evil Dead" movies. After the credits, there is also the title card that says to take a tour of Universal Studios. This was also used in the 1980s in other Universal movies, such as An American Werewolf in London (1981).
- During the séance there is a thundering noise that gets so loud that the participants cover their ears. When it stops, the faces of the participants are shown. A closeup of Christine shows her without her hands over her ears. After the closeups of the others with their hands over their ears, the group as a whole is shown and Christine is taking her hands away from her ears.
- Christine Brown: It's a harvest cake.
Atom User Reviews
Raimi's still very much up to his old tricks, retaining that deliriously over-the-top brand of Grand Guignol horror that he had abandoned by the mid-'90s in pursuit of other genres.
Raimi knows how to modulate his technique, as with the coolly controlled morality tale A Simple Plan, but he's a firm believer in the power of an active, expressive camera, as well as the value of insinuation.