- 2hr 11m
- 2hr 11m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Bruce Willis
- Bonnie Bedelia
- Reginald VelJohnson
- Paul Gleason
- William Atherton
- Hart Bochner
- James Shigeta
- Alan Rickman
- Alexander Godunov
- Bruno Doyon
Did You Know?
- There are two FBI Agent Johnsons and a Harvey Johnson who were characters in the film. This is an in-joke aimed at co-star Reginald VelJohnson.
- The first and second rocket attacks both blow out the same window on the APC.
- [first lines]
- Businessman: You don't like flying, do you?
- John McClane: What gives you that idea?
- Businessman: You wanna know the secret to surviving air travel? After you get where you're going, take off your shoes and your socks then walk around on the rug bare foot and make fists with your toes.
- John McClane: Fists with your toes?
- Businessman: I know, I know, it sounds crazy. Trust me, I've been doing it for nine years. Yes sir, better than a shower and a hot cup of coffee.
- John McClane: Okay.
- [the businessman sees John's gun]
- John McClane: It's okay, I'm a cop. Trust me, I've been doing this for eleven years.
Atom User Reviews
Not only is it a thrill-a-minute ride, but it has one of the best film villains in recent memory, a hero everyone can relate to, dialogue that crackles with wit, and a lot of very impressive pyrotechnics.
The result is a foot-stomping rouser. Where else can you get a cop in his underwear boogalooing with skyscraper terrorists? [15 July 1988, Life, p.4D]
Has everything but a personality. [15 July 1988, Friday, p.A]