Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Brian Narelle
- Cal Kuniholm
- Dre Pahich
- Dan O'Bannon
- Adam Beckenbaugh
- John Carpenter
- Nick Castle
- Cookie Knapp
- Joe Saunders
- Alan Sheretz
Did You Know?
- Sergeant Pinback's video diary is an 8-track tape, and the machine he uses to read it and record it is a microfiche reader.
- During the elevator sequence, which was actually shot horizontally in a corridor, you can occasionally see the plank on which Pinback was lying.
- [Doolittle convinces the bomb not to explode]
- Doolittle: Intuition is no proof. What concrete evidence do you have that you exist?
- Bomb #20: Hmmmm... well... I think, therefore I am.
- Doolittle: That's good. That's very good. But how do you know that anything else exists?
- Bomb #20: My sensory apparatus reveals it to me. This is fun.
- Doolittle: Hello, Bomb? Are you with me?
- Bomb #20: Of course.
- Doolittle: Are you willing to entertain a few concepts?
- Bomb #20: I am always receptive to suggestions.
- Doolittle: Fine. Think about this then. How do you know you exist?
- Bomb #20: Well, of course I exist.
- Doolittle: But how do you know you exist?
- Bomb #20: It is intuitively obvious.
Atom User Reviews
This is a fun movie, and a bright and intelligent one. It bears few signs of having been made on a low budget, and the special effects are reasonably slick.
In essence, Dark Star has what all great comedy has: a sense of desperation and pathos allied to an abiding humanity which elevates it high above the realm of mere spoof.