Goofs from Dark Phoenix
Showing all 10 items
Jump to: Spoilers (2)
- (at around 1 min) The opening scene of the movie is set in 1975, but Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London" is heard on the radio, which wasn't released until 1978. However, due to the time traveling events that Wolverine did in X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) which altered the time line. It caused a ripple effect in which Zevon would've recorded the song earlier, possibly from seeing Beast in his blue form that was recorded in Paris might also have contributed to it as well.
- (at around 47 mins) When Professor X is telling Beast about how he met Raven, the whiskey bottle on the table rotates between shots.
- (at around 5 mins) When Jean is reading Charles' mind in New York, in the flashback, Charles can be seen driving an eight-year-old Jean to the school, but it was established that he was in a wheelchair then and had no control over his legs, and therefore couldn't drive. But X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) revealed that he sometimes uses a drug to regain control of his legs (at the temporary expense of his powers), so it's possible he took minimal enough of a dose to be able to drive the car.
- The film is set in 1992, 30 years after the events of X-Men: First Class (2011), yet the characters have barely aged during the intervening years. A few mutants have anti-aging abilities, but not all of them. This movie is set in an alternate timeline, so all continuity errors are justified.
- Mystique's, Cyclops's, Beast's, Storm's, Jean's, Quicksilver's, and Nightcrawler's mutant abilities do not allow them to survive space. The X-men save astronauts whom are wearing protective suits while wearing leather jackets.
- If the D'Bari were so powerful that they can absorb the Phoenix Force, why didn't they do it in the first place when the Phoenix Force was destroying their home planet? Vuk, the leader of the D'Bari, mentioned that the Phoenix Force destroyed everything it came into contact with until it merged with Jean. Jean had to willingly transfer the Phoenix Force to Vuk in the first place, so it stands to reason that the D'Bari can't forcefully take it from her.
- (at around 1h 40 mins) At the end of the movie Charles is seen wearing a modern (2007+) Rolex Milgauss.
- (at around 12 mins) The damaged shuttle is spinning because a thruster is firing. When this is destroyed, it slows down to a halt almost instantly. In the vacuum of space, this would not happen. It would remain spinning fast, while decelerating slowly due to the opposing thrusters firing. Newton's Laws in action.
- Mystique is killed in 1992 in this film despite being alive & well in the original trilogy which is set in the 2000s. This is a film set in an alternate timeline from the original X-Men trilogy, not a prequel to it, so this is not an error, nor is anything else that contradicts events from those films. Furthermore, the ending of X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014) "undid" the events of those movies altogether.
- (at around 43 mins) After Jean kills Mystique, Jean's white shirt is perfectly clean. But when she is seen crying in an alley in the rain and again in Genosha, a bloodstain from Mystique she tries to remove from her shirt mysteriously appears.