Goofs from Dark Phoenix
Showing all 10 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- This film takes place only seven years prior to the original X-Men (2000), yet the returning characters look decades younger. In particular, Xavier and Magneto do not appear to be approaching the ages of Patrick Stewart or Ian McKellen.
- The opening scene of the movie is set in 1975, but Warren Zevon's "Werewolves of London" is heard on the radio, which wasn't released until 1978. However, due to the time traveling events that Wolverine did in Days of Future Past which altered the time line.It caused a ripple effect in which Warren Zevon would've recorded the song earlier, possibly from seeing Beast in his blue form that was recorded in Paris might also have contributed to it as well.
- In the train chase scene there is a single escort helicopter. The helicopter crashes early in the battle, creating a large fireball, then several minutes later the same helicopter returns. This is likely a consequence of the significant third act reshoots.
- When Professor X is telling Beast about how he met Raven, the whiskey bottle on the table rotates between shots.
- When Jean is reading Charles' mind in New York, in the flashback, Charles can be seen driving an eight-year-old Jean to the school, but it was established that he was in a wheelchair then and had no control over his legs, and therefore couldn't drive. But Days of Future Past revealed that he sometimes uses a drug to regain control of his legs (at the temporary expense of his powers), so it's possible he took minimal enough of a dose to be able to drive the car.
- The film is set in 1992, 30 years after the events of X-Men First Class, yet the characters have barely aged during the intervening years.
- Mystique, Cyclops, Beast, Storm, Jean, Quicksilver, and Nightcrawler mutant abilities do not allow them to survive space. The X-men save astronauts whom are wearing protective suits while wearing leather jackets.
- If D'Bari (those shape shifting alien race) ware so powerful that they can absorb the Phoenix Force, why didn't they do it in the first place when Phoenix Force was destroying their home planet.
- At the end of the movie Charles is seen wearing a modern (2007+) Rolex Milgauss. The film takes place in the early 1990's.
- Mystique is killed in this film despite being alive & well in the original trilogy which is set after the events in this film. This is a film set in an alternate timeline from the original X-Men trilogy, not a prequel to it, so this is not an error, nor is anything else that contradicts events from those films. Furthermore, the ending of Days of Future Past "undid" the events of those movies altogether.