Daddy's Home 2
- 1hr 38m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Atom User Reviews
I would have rated this movie higher if it weren't for male kissing scenes, underage use of alcohol and kissing, and the obscene language. I thought overall it was a decent movie. Good messages were sprinkled in along the way.
There were only a few things we didn't like was the men kissing, the siblings kissing, and the homosexual undertones.
Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg are a lot less fun this time around, paired with a fumbling John Lithgow and a stiff Mel Gibson as their overbearing fathers who stop by for the holidays.
It's odd, for a film that ostensibly makes male vulnerability its ultimate goal, how much contempt it has for its most open and loving character.
Daddy’s Home 2 seems like just another cookie-cutter comedy, but its heart is in the wrong place. It’s mean-spirited and half-hearted, and more than that… it’s just not funny.
Movie Info & Cast
- Will Ferrell
- Mark Wahlberg
- Mel Gibson
- John Lithgow
- Linda Cardellini
- Alessandra Ambrosio
- Owen Vaccaro
- Scarlett Estevez
- Didi Costine
- Connor Wise
Did You Know?
- It's been rumored that WWE superstar John Cena will be the main antagonist and the movie will take place where the first one left off.
- When Brad hands Dusty the cocoa, it's in a disposable cup. In the following scene, the cocoa is in a stainless reusable tumbler.
- [to Dusty; referring to Brad]
- Kurt: His total lack of masculinity, I mean his weak chin and soft underbelly bothers you not a bit?
- [after camera zooms out, to show him sitting in a chair next to Kurt and Dusty ]
- Brad: You know, I'm just getting the feeling maybe you guys would like some privacy.