- 1hr 55m
- 1hr 55m
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Alfre Woodard
- Delroy Lindo
- David Patrick Kelly
- Zelda Harris
- Carlton Williams
- Sharif Rashed
- Tse-Mach Washington
- Christopher Knowings
- José Zúñiga
- Isaiah Washington
Did You Know?
- The film is loosely based on lives of Spike Lee and his siblings (who co-wrote the script).
- In the store, Troy buys a bag of chips, lemon heads, bazooka gum, licorice, fireballs and Boston baked beans. When she gets home all of the boys pull out all of the candy from the bag and Troy is seen eating a candy necklace, obviously something she did not buy.
- Carolyn: Wendell, please close your mouth when you chew!
- Wendell: Why can't you let me eat in peace for once?
- Carolyn: Because you disturbing the peace! You eat like a pig and chew like a cow!
- Woody: Come on, Gem. It's a compliment to your good cooking now.
- Carolyn: Compliment, my butt. That boy's just plain greedy.
Atom User Reviews
It's a movie that's so personal, naked and vulnerable that you can understand why some of its humor seems rough, some of its visuals excessive. But Crooklyn has a quality not as obvious in any Lee film since Do the Right Thing: the sense of a whole world opening, rich and real, before your eyes. [13 May 1994, p.A]
This remarkable movie will haunt you for a good long time.
Crooklyn is not in any way an angry film. But thinking about the difference between its world and ours can make you angry, and I think that was one of Lee's purposes here.