Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Cate Blanchett
- Lily James
- Richard Madden
- Helena Bonham Carter
- Nonso Anozie
- Sophie McShera
- Holliday Grainger
- Derek Jacobi
- Ben Chaplin
Did You Know?
- Saoirse Ronan, Alicia Vikander, and Gabriella Wilde were all considered to play Cinderella.
- When Ella's father leaves on his last business trip, the pair of horses at the carriage he leaves in has no white on their legs. As the carriage pulls into the road (and the camera pans back to Ella), the horses each have four white legs (and are probably the same pair of bay hackney horses that bring Ella's father home in the opening scenes; each horse has a wide blaze on its face and four white stockings). This same pair of very distinctive horses also appear briefly at the beginning of the king's ball, when everyone is arriving.
- [from trailer]
- Lady Tremaine: Wouldn't you prefer to eat when all the work is done, Ella?
- Cinderella: Yes, stepmother.
- Lady Tremaine: You needn't call me that. Madam will do.
Atom User Reviews
A must see.
Wish the sound in the back was a little louder. Didn’t really feel like surround
There’s a lot to like about director Kenneth Branagh’s gorgeously fanciful tale.
Screenwriter Chris Weitz embraces both the magic and the humanity of the classic fairy tale. He underlines the virtues of kindness and courage in a heroine right out of the pages of a traditional storybook, who gradually reveals the qualities of a self-possessed modern girl.