Captain America: The First Avenger
- 2hr 4m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Atom User Reviews
Love the idea of a super human I really do
Once Captain America goes off to war in his endearingly silly suit, however, the movie starts to lose its vibe.
From its antagonists to its art direction, everything about Johnston's movie has a been-there, seen-that familiarity. Yet Evans' clean-cut idealism and objectives make old-fashioned patriotism look fresh.
Sticking to its simplistic, patriotic origins, where a muscular red, white and blue GI slugging Adolf Hitler in the jaw is all that's required, Captain America trafficks in red-blooded heroes, dastardly villains, classy dames and war-weary military officers.
Videos & Photos
- Trailer for Captain America: The First Avenger (02:33)
- Trailer 2 for Captain America: The First Avenger (02:13)
Movie Info & Cast
- Chris Evans
- Hayley Atwell
- Sebastian Stan
- Tommy Lee Jones
- Hugo Weaving
- Dominic Cooper
- Richard Armitage
- Stanley Tucci
- Samuel L. Jackson
- Toby Jones
Did You Know?
- Jon Favreau was originally chosen by Marvel Studios to direct this film (which he intended to make as a buddy comedy), but he chose to direct Iron Man (2008). Nick Cassavetes, was also considered to direct this film, and had been set as a director for Iron Man (2008) in December 2004.
- (at around 15 mins) Dr. Erskine says he is from Queens, NY, 73 St. and Utopia Pkwy. This is incorrect as both streets run North-South and are about 5 miles apart. The correct Street is 73 Ave. which does cross Utopia Pkwy.
- Peggy Carter: How do you feel?
- Steve Rogers: Taller.