Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- 1hr 26m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Atom User Reviews
Buffy The Vampire Slayer should be a mess, but it's not. It's a mini-comic triumph, and although it's technically a teen movie, it's in the tiny genre of sophisticated, darkly funny teen films such as Heathers and Pump Up the Volume. [4 Aug 1992, p.C1]
Kuzui has imposed a heavily block-lettered feminist message on the movie, suggesting that Buffy discovers her empowerment as a woman by driving huge, phallic stakes through the hearts of her enemies. In this case, having it all means being feminine and bloodthirsty, too. [31 Jul 1992, p.B]
Buffy, the Vampire Slayer is lightweight and fun -- not great fun, but it has its moments. The high school satire angle is both authentic and good-natured. [31 Jul 1992, p.D1]
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Kristy Swanson
- Donald Sutherland
- Paul Reubens
- Rutger Hauer
- Luke Perry
- Michele Abrams
- Hilary Swank
- Paris Vaughan
- David Arquette
- Randall Batinkoff
Did You Know?
- Seth Green and Chi Muoi Lo are the only actors to appear in both Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992) and Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1996).
- After Buffy punches Merrick, she gives her "marry Christian Slater and die" speech. The reverse angle of Merrick shows Buffy's lips still moving, even though no dialogue is heard.
- Kimberly: Buffy? What's your sitch? You're acting like the thing from another tax bracket. It's too weird.
- Nicole: What are you talking about?
- Kimberly: Weird? You mean like hanging around with that homeless Poke?
- Buffy: Pike.
- Nicole: Eww, you're having an affair with him?
- Jennifer: He doesn't look fifty.
- Buffy: Guys, I think reality stepped out of here about five minutes ago.
- Buffy: Listen, a lot's been going on you guys, okay? And I really wanted to talk to you guys about it. See, um, a couple of weeks ago, I met this guy-...
- Kimberly: Oh my god, you're having an affair?
- Nicole: Cool!
- Jennifer: Does Jeffrey know?
- Buffy: It's not about that. He's, like, old. He's fifty.
- JenniferKimberlyNicole: Ewwwww!
- Jennifer: Gross!
- Buffy: Haven't you guys noticed what's been going on here? The strange things? Have you noticed people disappearing, turning up dead?