- 1hr 32m
- 1hr 32m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
Did You Know?
- Only 32 prints of the film were originally made as part of a limited platform release. The Soul of Southern Film Festival, in Memphis, Tennessee, paid for a thirty-third print, so that they wouldn't have to wait any longer to show the film. Several other festivals and theaters paid advances in order to secure prints.
- While Callie is folding her father's clothes, the shirt in her hands changes from red-and-white plaid, to yellow, then back to red-and-white plaid.
- Elvis: Ask not what your rest home can do for you. Ask what you can do for your rest home.
- JFK: Hey, you're copying my best lines!
- Elvis: Then let me paraphrase one of my own. Let's take care of business.
- JFK: Just what are you getting at, Elvis?
- Elvis: I think you know what I'm gettin' at Mr. President. We're gonna kill us a mummy.
Atom User Reviews
Endearing and vulgar in about the right proportion. The movie doesn't exactly work, but sometimes when a car won't start, it's still fun to look at the little honey gleaming in the driveway.
It's a credit to the actors, particularly the superb Campbell, that completely preposterous material can be made strangely touching.