Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Heath Ledger
- Jake Gyllenhaal
- Randy Quaid
- Valerie Planche
- Dave Trimble
- Victor Reyes
- Lachlan Mackintosh
- Michelle Williams
- Larry Reese
- Marty Antonini
Did You Know?
- According to an interview that Heath Ledger gave to the Philadelphia Inquirer's Steven Rea, there was a sequence that was filmed for the movie in which Jack and Ennis help some hippies get their car out of a river. According to Ledger, the scene took three days to shoot, and was disliked almost immediately by everyone involved. The scene was written by James Schamus as an attempt to show Jack and Ennis in a heroic situation, but it does not appear in Annie Proulx's original short story, the published screenplay, or the final cut of the movie.
- In the scene where Jack Twist is first introduced to Alma by Ennis, her purse is on her left shoulder and her arms are down - immediately in the next scene when she is shown, her arms are folded across her chest in a "defensive" stance.
- Lureen Newsome: You don't think I'm too fast, do you? Maybe we should put the brakes on?
- Jack Twist: Fast or slow, I just like the direction you're goin'.
- [they kiss]
- Lureen Newsome: Mm...
- [Lureen takes off her shirt]
- Jack Twist: You are in a hurry.
- Lureen Newsome: My daddy's the hurry. Expects me home with the car by midnight.
Atom User Reviews
Anne Proulx's 1997 short story in the New Yorker has been masterfully expanded by screenwriters Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana to provide director Lee with his best movie since Sense and Sensibility in 1995.
Ang Lee's unmissable and unforgettable Brokeback Mountain hits you like a shot in the heart. It's a landmark film and a triumph for Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal.
Brokeback Mountain has been described as a gay cowboy movie, which is a cruel simplification. It is the story of a time and place where two men are forced to deny the only great passion either one will ever feel. Their tragedy is universal.