Trivia for Blinded by the Light
Showing all 7 items
- Filmed in many locations in and around Luton in the Home Counties, UK.
- Movie title comes from Bruce Springsteen's song "Blinded by the Light", which was made famous by Manfred Mann's Earth Band.
- The movie is inspired by the life of journalist Sarfraz Manzoor and his love of the works of Bruce Springsteen. It is based on Manzoor's memoir "Greetings from Bury Park: Race, Religion and Rock N' Roll".
- Rob Brydon, who plays Matt's Dad, is a Bruce Springsteen fan in real life and in January 2018 surprised regulars at the Half Moon in Putney by singing a version of "Thunder Road" with singer-songwriter Martyn Joseph.
- The song "Blinded by the Light" was originally written and recorded by Bruce Springsteen for his debut album "Greetings from Asbury Park N.J." (1973). Springsteen himself states that the most important lyric of the song is the final line: "Mama told me not to look into the sights of the sun, but mama that's where the fun is."
- The NF March scene was filmed in West Harrow in Greater London. The houses and shops that are seen in the background are easily recognisable, only the signs of some of the businesses have been altered.
- Just before the storm sequence where Javed heads outside to throw his poems into the trash, a famous television clip is shown from 16th October 1987 of weather forecaster Michael Fish, beginning his bulletin with "Earlier on today, apparently a woman rang the BBC and said she had heard a hurricane was on the way. Well, I can assure people watching, don't worry, there isn't." Mr.Fish was unfairly derided for not predicting the severe storm which followed, since the British people (who live on the EAST coast of an ocean) luckily don't know how much very worse even a mild hurricane really is, so out of the resulting ignorance he was much lampooned in the press.