Trivia for Black Widow
Showing all 21 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- David Hayter wrote a script, and was set to direct in 2004, when the character's film rights were still at Artisan Entertainment/Lions Gate.
- This will be Scarlett Johansson's eighth time playing Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow.
- Nicole Perlman wrote a treatment for a Black Widow movie around 2010/2011.
- Previously, Hellboy (2019) director Neil Marshall had expressed interest in directing the film, but was not approached as Marvel is seeking a female director.
- In the comics, Daredevil and Black Widow were a couple and Charlie Cox from Netflix's Daredevil (2015) wants a crossover movie.
- Emma Watson, Saoirse Ronan, Alice Englert, Dar Zuzovsky and Florence Pugh were considered for the role of Yelena Belova with Watson being the front-runner. Ultimately, Pugh was cast. Coincidentally, Watson and Ronan were Pugh's co-stars in Little Women (2019)
- André Holland was considered for the villain role but O-T Fagbenle was ultimately cast.
- Both Scarlett Johansson and Marvel expressed interest in a potential solo film several times over the following years, before development progressed with the hiring of Jac Schaeffer and Cate Shortland in 2018, even though Shortland has no experience in directing big budget action films.
- It was revealed that the film is set after Captain America: Civil War (2016).
- David Harbour plays the character Alexei in Black Widow (2020), and on Stranger Things 3 (2019), he plays Jim Hopper who kidnaps a Russian scientist named Alexei.
- It's the twenty-fourth film of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Scarlett Johansson describes the film as "Its Own Genre" and even named Logan (2017) an Influence along with The Fugitive (1993) and Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991).
- Released 10 years since Natash Romanoff's introduction as the Black Widow in Iron Man 2 (2010).
- This is David Harbour's third comic-book feature, after Suicide Squad (2016) and Hellboy (2019).
- Black Widow's wrist-mounted tasers are colored yellow. This homages Natasha Romanova's classic Black Widow costume, which was an all-black suit with yellow bracelets.
- The eighth film of the Marvel Cinematic Universe to be filmed in Panavision (anamorphic), after The Incredible Hulk (2008), Thor (2011), Thor: The Dark World (2013), Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014), Captain America: Civil War (2016), Avengers: Infinity War (2018) and Avengers: Endgame (2019).
- In the trailer, you can see the same weathered hotel inner courtyard used in another Soviet sparrow school movie (Red Sparrow (2018)) filmed in Budapest, Hungary.
- The film's cast includes two Oscar winners: William Hurt and Rachel Weisz; and two Oscar nominees: Scarlett Johansson and Florence Pugh. By coincidence, both Johansson and Pugh competed together in 2020 for many Best Supporting Actress awards, including the Academy Award and BAFTA Award, for their roles in Jojo Rabbit (2019) and Little Women (2019), respectively.
- Black Widow's release date has been postponed due to the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- The Black Widow film was originally scheduled to release on May 1st, 2020. However, due to the Coronavirus pandemic outbreak (Covid-19), the film was postponed until November 6th, 2020. Black Widow is just one of the many films to be postponed due to Covid-19.
- Melina is named after Melina Vostakoff, a Russian agent who later went freelance and was known as the Iron Maiden.