Trivia for Black Widow
Showing all 23 items
Jump to: Spoilers (2)
- David Hayter wrote a script, and was set to direct, in 2004, when the character's film rights were still at Artisan Entertainment/Lions Gate.
- This will be Scarlett Johansson's ninth time playing Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, if you count her cameo in Captain Marvel (2019).
- This movie will be released after MCU's Phase 3 is over as there is no Black Widow movie up to Phase 3.
- A parody of the trailer was made by SNL (Saturday Night Live (1975)) when it hosted Scarlett Johansson and had Ultron as her tee hee as her boyfriend then the Hulk showed up to give her a big kiss with ice cream in his mouth.
- This movie is rumored to take place during Phase 4, and Scarlett Johansson is rumored to return.
- Nicole Perlman wrote a treatment for a Black Widow movie around 2010/2011.
- Scarlett Johansson appeared in a mock trailer for a Black Widow standalone film in a digital short aired during Scarlett Johansson/Wiz Khalifa (2015) (Saturday Night Live), presented as a cliche-filled romantic comedy where Black Widow is an intern at a fashion magazine and dating Ultron.
- Previously, Hellboy (2019) director Neil Marshall had expressed interest in directing the film, but was not approached as Marvel is seeking a female director.
- In the Comics, Daredevil and Black Widow were a couple and Charlie Cox from Netflix's Daredevil (2015) wants a crossover movie.
- Emma Watson, Saoirse Ronan, Alice Englert, Dar Zuzovsky and Florence Pugh were considered for the role of Yelena Belova with Watson being the front-runner. Ultimately, Pugh was cast.
- André Holland was considered for the villain role but O-T Fagbenle was ultimately cast.
- Scarlett Johansson is the only person present in all four phases of MCU.
- Both Scarlett Johansson and Marvel expressed interest in a potential solo film several times over the following years, before development progressed with the hiring of Jac Schaeffer and Cate Shortland in 2018.
- It was revealed that the film is set after Captain America: Civil War (2016).
- This marks Stan Lee's final Marvel movie as an executive producer.
- David Harbour plays the character Alexei in Black Widow and in Stranger Things: Season 3 he plays Jim Hopper who kidnaps a Russian scientist named Alexei.
- It's the twenty-fourth film of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Scarlett Johansson describes the film as "Its Own Genre" and even named Logan (2017) an Influence along with The Fugitive (1993) and Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991).
- Releases 10 years since the Black Widow's introduction in Iron Man 2 (2010).
- This is David Harbour's third comic-book feature, after Suicide Squad (2016) and Hellboy (2019).
- Black Widow's wrist-mounted tasers are colored yellow. This homages Natasha Romanova's classic Black Widow costume, which was an all-black suit with yellow bracelets.
- After the events of Avengers: Endgame (2019) it is most likely that this will be a period piece and a prequel; similar to Captain Marvel (2019).
- Black Widow defects to the USA because of her Love for Clint Barton AKA Hawkeye in the original comic book version!