Trivia for Anna
Showing all 10 items
- The K.G.B. building where a car is waiting for Anna (Sasha Luss) during the climax scene is actually the Chemical Department of Moscow State University. The main building (tower) of the university is briefly visible.
- This movie shares many story similarities with one of Writer, Producer, and Director Luc Besson's previous movies, La Femme Nikita (1990), and its American remake Point of No Return (1993).
- Second big screen appearance by Sasha Luss, both times directed by Luc Besson. The first was Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017). This time, she's the main character.
- Of the main cast playing Russian characters, only Sasha Luss is Russian. Luke Evans is Welsh; Dame Helen Mirren is English, but has Russian ancestry. Cillian Murphy is Irish and plays an American.
- Dame Helen Mirren and Luke Evans appeared in The Fate of the Furious (2017) as mother and son.
- Anna, without family, travels to Paris. This makes a parallel and refers to the movie and musical "Anastasia".
- Piotr's (Alexander Petrov's) tattoo, "Gott mit uns", means "God with us". Biblical in origin, it has heraldic connections and has been used as a war cry in Sweden. Of more relevance, the phrase was used by the Nazis and has subsequently become used by neo-Nazis and white supremacists, thus indicating Piotr's involvement with the neo-Nazi underworld.
- Writer, Producer, and Director Luc Besson was accused of sexual misconduct during production of this movie. Although no charges were filed due to lack of evidence, the studio and distributors subsequently distanced themselves from the movie, releasing it without official screenings and with only a minimum of publicity. This movie, which was supposed to be the breakthrough for model-turned-actress Sasha Luss, only made thirty million dollars worldwide, which could mean the end for Besson's EuropaCorp studio, that was already struggling from his previous box-office failure, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017).
- The scene where Anna leans exhaustedly against a wall in the shower following a hit job gone wrong is a tribute to that of Jean Reno's character in almost identical circumstances in Besson's Léon: The Professional (1994)
- Luke Evans who appeared in Fast &Furious 6 (2013), plays the son of Magadalene Shaw , played by Helen Mirren in Fast &Furious 8(2018)