Goofs from Angel Has Fallen
Showing all 16 items
Jump to: Spoilers (4)
- At the cabin in the woods, Clay pushes down his portable radio's antenna in twice.
- At six foot tall, or nearly 183cm, Clay Banning would have been at least six inches taller and substantially larger than the average tunnel rat in Vietnam. It's exceedingly unlikely he would have served in such a role as he would not have been able to physically traverse the small, narrow tunnels that the Viet Cong used.
- An aide tells the Vice President that the transfer of power back to a president has never happened in our history. This is incorrect, on July 13, 1985 Ronald Reagan underwent colon cancer surgery while under anesthesia, Vice President George Bush discharged the powers and duties of the presidency during his incapacity, serving as acting president until later that day, when Reagan reclaimed his authority. President George W. Bush underwent a colonoscopy procedure on June 29, 2002, and again on July 21, 2007. Vice President Dick Cheney temporarily became acting president on both occasions then power was transferred back to Bush.
- Helicopters flown in the US must have a letter N as part of the registration. The ones seen here have WSR.
- The helicopter flown by the FBI into the Salient compound (when seen from inside where Wade is standing) is black in color. When the agents walk out and towards Wade same helicopter is now silver colored.
- Once again Hollywood believes that Oxygen is explosive and in this film brings down a whole building. Oxygen supports combustion but itself is neither combustible nor explosive.
- About 44 minutes, a call on the police radio says "Subject has crashed about mile marker 34." This us on an unmaintained service road. These are dirt or gravel roads with no markers.
- When Mike is driving the semi down the dirt road, the spray from the camera vehicle is obvious in the frontal shots. The spotlight shots from the helicopter show the weather is clear.
- The number of keys stuck down on Clay's typewriter changes between shots.
- During the assault on the president at the hospital, one of Salient's men is carrying an AK, which doesn't make sense since magazine compatibility of the team would be an issue. Also the operative fires the AK in auto mode, but the safety is in the lowest position which would be semi-automatic. Automatic is the middle position on an AK safety.
- When VP Travis is on the phone from the Oval Office with Jennings, there is no way that call would not have been monitored in real time and recorded.
- Why would the masterminds pick Mike Banning to frame for the assassination attempt on the President? The government knows he successfully saved a U.S. President in the past two terrorism crisis'.
- Towards the end when Banning meets with the President to offer his resignation, he takes out his Secret Service badge and places it on the table. In the next scene when the President gets up to walk around the table, no badge is seen.
- It's simply absurd to think a Special Agent for the FBI would start laying out all the circumstantial evidence against a potential suspect in an assassination attempt or his wife, revealing everything they supposedly had on them and she would not have the authority to charge him with crimes before he was read his rights or even been allowed to see a lawyer, and before any investigation was done at all while he is still in a hospital bed. There are strict procedures to follow. What she did would most likely get him off on numerous technicalities.
- There is no way a Vice President would assume the post of President, then make any radical changes immediately. However, this is precisely what happens here. Even if everything the Vice President said about a "Russian connection to Mike Banning" were true, it would not justify anything close to the actions taken by an obvious "Temporary President". This is clearly a major hole in the plot.
- About 75 minutes, Clay Banning saves Leah Banning and her daughter from armed intruders at her home. The FBI would not allow Leah Banning and her daughter to remain in their home with such a fluid situation going on with her husband. Its more likely they would be in the custody of the FBI; not in jail, but at a safe location anywhere but their home. She would need protection from many people wanting retribution.