Goofs from An Affair to Remember
Showing all 14 items
- A camera shadow falls on a man and a plant when Terry comes out of the dress shop.
- Nickie's position when leaning on the piano changes.
- When Nicky enters Terry's apartment, he calls her "Debbie".
- An open water shot of the Constitution shows the wake from the camera boat.
- When Terry Mckay is teaching the little kids to sing, two of the kids go and do a dance, then walk back around and behind the little girl. In the close-up of the cute little blond girl there is no-one behind her, and in the next shot the boy and the girl are there behind her again.
- Terry moved to a new apartment after becoming paraplegic, yet she chose an apartment where she has to descend two steps between the door and the living room.
- At the end of the movie, Nickie is drying Terry's tears with his right hand. In the next shot, he is using his left hand.
- Just after Nickie and Terry both receive their telegrams on the ship's deck, the light source changes position on them between shots.
- Nickie makes a painting of Terry and his grandmother who are both wearing the same shawl at the same time. This is not an error - it's artistic imagination.
- Just after Terry and Nick get their telegrams on deck, you can see a whale repeatedly breaching in the background loop of the ocean scene.
- When Nickie sees Terry in the theater, she has a fur coat over both shoulders and her left hand on the middle of the seat back in front of her. In the next shot, only her right shoulder is covered and her hand has moved to the corner of the seat.
- Nicolo walks past the Empire State Building at night, after the concert, but when he looks up at the building, it is seen in daylight.
- The street lamp shown near the playground just before Terry is seen in the classroom, is not of a design used in New York City.
- Just before the first dinner scene, Nickie asks the bartender for a Champagne Cocktail, and asks for Pink Champagne. Terry then asks for Pink Champagne when she walks up a moment later. The bartender sets up two glasses and pours Pink Champagne directly into both glasses, which they both then take a sip of. This would be correct for Terry, but a Champagne Cocktail is is an alcoholic drink made with sugar, Angostura bitters, Champagne, brandy and a maraschino cherry as a garnish. It is one of the IBA Official Cocktails. Nickie either doesn't notice or at least doesn't mention that this is plain Champagne, and not a cocktail, as ordered.