Goofs from American Assassin
Showing all 11 items
- At the start of the film during the beach massacre, in the bar area while all the extras are running from screen left to right. A male extra in the background middle of the screen can be seen standing up (he is wearing dark sunglasses) he picks up what looks like a blue dressing gown & puts it on, ties it up while walking very calmly not taking a care in the world from the background middle to the left of the screen while everyone else is either getting killed or running away from the gunmen. Some of the extras run in front and behind him, he just ignores them and carries on walking.
- Towards the end of the movie the villain escapes on a speedboat out to sea but the main scene has been taking place in Rome which is forty miles from the coast.
- Firing a weapon next to someone's head can (and often does) cause permanent hearing loss. It would be an asinine training maneuver to risk serious injury to a trainee by discharging a handgun within several feet of them.
- When the opening engagement scene is being filmed on the protagonist's, it's clear in several scenes that the screen is either blank (indicating that nothing is being filmed) or the screen has a photo on it which is not what is front of the camera lens.
- The building shown to the "Iranian Embassy" in London is not the embassy, but another building entirely.
- After entering the bathroom, Annika starts filling the tub. When Mitch throws her in the tub, a minute has passed, at most, and the bath is completely filled with water.
- Scenes supposedly filmed in Turkey clearly haven't been as none of the vehicles have Turkish number plates and other than the mistress of Sharif, none of them actually speak Turkish fluently.
- When the bomb has been identified as being near the Navy fleet, they do not change course out to sea to distance themselves from the threat.
- A request from Hurley to the pilot - 'Get me on that boats bandwidth' The correct description to establish contact with a ship or craft with a radio is 'channel'. VHF is the bandwidth for all channels used.
- The initial impact of the giant wave into the fleet strikes the ships abeam, that is perpendicular to the ship. If this was the case, most of the ships would have been capsized but in the calm sea after the wave, only one ship has been capsized.
- When car hits Mitch on streets of Rome it was Alfa Romeo. Later, on CCTV footage of him fighting driver to steal his car, it was completely another car.