Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension
- 1hr 43m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Atom User Reviews
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai is your typical sci-fi/action/comedy/rockroll/kung-fu/political satire/neo-western/guys-on-a-mission extravaganza.
The writing is good and the direction rarely flabby, but the real strength of Buckaroo is in a large and enthusiastic cast, led by Peter Weller, who plays the title character with a perfect deadpan. [11 Aug 1984, p.B7]
There is a terrific little movie making the rounds, Repo Man, that demonstrates what can be done with vision, no money and faith in the audience; Buckaroo Banzai demonstrates what can be done with a lot of money, no faith in the audience, and a vision that begins and ends in the cash register. [13 Aug 1984]
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Peter Weller
- John Lithgow
- Ellen Barkin
- Jeff Goldblum
- Christopher Lloyd
- Lewis Smith
- Rosalind Cash
- Robert Ito
- Pepe Serna
- Ronald Lacey
Did You Know?
- The kanji lettering on Buckaroo Banzai's headband as he drives the jet car reads "seikatsu-bi", which appears to be Japanese, but does not make sense. The first two kanji mean living or lifestyle, but the second character, "bi" (not "bei" as has been reported elsewhere) or beautiful, does not add up to coherent Japanese. It seems to suggest the "beautiful life", but these three kanji together do not have a particular meaning in Japanese.
- John Bigboote's glasses disappear and reappear between shots when he holds Professor Ikeda in a head-lock.
- SOD McKinley: Geez! What the hell is going on here, Bigboot? Where's my bomber?
- John Bigboote: BigbooTAY. John O'Connor, put this on the track.
- SOD McKinley: Hey, I don't give a flying handshake what your name is. I'm here to see a bomber. This sure ain't it.
- John Bigboote: Let's go back upstairs to my office and talk about this like two reasonable beings.
- SOD McKinley: Now, you listen to me. Your private life, that's your own concern, but I'm here to see a bomber, and I'm damned sure going to see it now. Look at this place! Don't you have any pride? It's like a damn pig-sty in here!
- John Bigboote: It's not my goddamn planet. Understand, monkey boy?