- 2hr 8m
- 2hr 8m
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Tom Hanks
- Geena Davis
- Lori Petty
- Rosie O'Donnell
- Megan Cavanagh
- Tracy Reiner
- Bitty Schram
- Ann Cusack
- Anne Ramsay
Did You Know?
- Director Penny Marshall cast her daughter Tracy Reiner as Betty Spaghetti and her brother Garry Marshall as Walter Harvey. Garry was cast at the last minute because Penny couldn't afford her original choice for the part, Christopher Walken. She also cast her niece, Kathleen Marshall, Gary's daughter, as 'Mumbles' Brockman-outfield.
- On the film's theatrical poster, the team is gathered on the field and you see 3 baseball caps thrown into the air, but everyone pictured is wearing their cap.
- [Ernie sees Dottie and Kit vigorously milking cows]
- Ernie Capadino: Nice retort. Tryouts are in Chicago. It's a real league, professional.
- Kit Keller: Professional - baseball?
- Ernie Capadino: Mmm-hmm. They'll pay you 75 dollars a week.
- Kit Keller: We only make 30 at the dairy.
- Ernie Capadino: Well then, this would be more, wouldn't it?
- Ernie Capadino: Ow. Doesn't that hurt them?
- Dottie Hinson: Doesn't seem to.
- Ernie Capadino: Well, that would bruise the hell out of me.
- Dottie Hinson: Who ARE you?
- Ernie Capadino: I'm Ernie Capadino. I'm a baseball scout. I saw you playing today. Not bad, not bad. You ever heard of Walter Harvey, makes Harvey bars - you know, the candy?
- Dottie Hinson: Yeah. We feed them to the cows when they're constipated.
- Ernie Capadino: That's the guy. He's starting a girls' baseball league, so he can make a buck while the boys are overseas. Wanna play?
- Dottie Hinson: Huh?
Atom User Reviews
A League of Their Own may not boost its material into the level of pop myth as, say, last year's great female buddy movie, Thelma Louise, did. It's a bit too concerned with being likable to make that kind of bold leap. But if A League of Their Own doesn't knock the ball out of the park, it's a clean hit, with extra bases written all over it. [1 July 1992, p.41]
The movie has a real bittersweet charm. The baseball sequences, we've seen before. What's fresh are the personalities of the players, the gradual unfolding of their coach and the way this early chapter of women's liberation fit into the hidebound traditions of professional baseball.