A Christmas Story
- 1hr 34m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Atom User Reviews
All time kid favorite!
Funny, but overplayed.
In short, A Christmas Story isn't just about Christmas; it's about childhood and it recaptures a time and place with love and wonder. It seems an instant classic, a film that will give pleasure to people not only this Christmas, but for many Christmases to come. [19 Nov 1983, p.1]
It's those moments and others and the way they are tied together by Shepherd's tongue-in-cheek narration that cements A Christmas Story as one of those rare must-see holiday movies, even for those who don't celebrate Christmas.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
Did You Know?
- When the character of Scut Farkas first appears, the "Wolf" music from Sergei Prokofiev's "Peter and the Wolf" plays in the background. The name "Farkas" is derived from the Hungarian word for "wolf".
- Ralphie's chocolate milk at the start of the film.
- Mr. Parker: What is the name of the Lone Ranger's nephew's horse?
- Mother: Ah... Victor! His name is Victor.
- Mr. Parker: How the hell did you know that?
- Mother: Everybody knows that!