Trivia for Zombieland 2: Double Tap
Showing all 25 items
Jump to: Spoilers (3)
- All of the 4 main cast members are expected to return. Jesse Eisenberg says he can't wait and Woody Harrelson is up for it and a script is done. Expected to come 2019.
- There are rumors saying the original cast will come back, but there will also be new cast members joining the group.
- Will be released 10 years after Zombieland (2009).
- The movie is expected to be released on October 2019, which is exactly 10 years after the first film.
- Starring original cast from the first movie.
- Confirmed to release October 2019
- Shooting will start in early 2019, and will be released sometime in October later that year, possibly during Halloween.
- Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone, and Abigail Breslin are confirmed to be reprising their respective roles for the sequel.
- Will be released as a celebration for the tenth anniversary of Zombieland (2009).
- It was hinted that Jesse Eisenberg's character, Columbus, will have a set of new rules coming up for this film.
- The film's script was actually completed in late 2017.
- The first film was originally titled "Another Day in Zombieland", but the studio feared people would think it would be a sequel.
- As of 2015, all four leads in this film have been nominated for Academy Awards for their performances in other films. In 2017, Emma Stone became the first to win an Oscar, for "La La Land".
- The film cast includes one Oscar winner: Emma Stone; and three Oscar nominees: Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, and Abigail Breslin.
- In Zombieland (2009), Woody Harrelson is always on the look out for Twinkies and is extremely upset when he finds a truck full of Snowballs instead. In the show Cheers, specifically the episode titled 'Rat Girl,' Woody Harrelson's character states that he thinks Snowballs are better than Twinkies because they are 'bite-sized' and shoves a whole Snowball in his mouth.
- Rumored titles of the film are "Zombieworld" and "Zombieland: Double Tap."
- The film reunites Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd. They recently appeared together in Ghostbusters (2016).
- Bill Murray is confirmed to return for the sequel (possible resurrection).
- On January 29th, Sony Pictures posted a photo of the film's poster along with the Zombieland (2009) poster for the "ten year challenge".
- On January 29th, the film is confirmed to be titled "Zombieland: Double Tap", a reference to rule #2 in Zombieland (2009).
- In Zombieland (2009), the second rule is "double tap", which is the sequel's main subtitle, which is interesting because Zombieland: Double Tap is the second movie in the franchise.
- The film reunites Bill Murray and Dan Aykroyd, who both previously worked together on the Ghostbusters franchise, which is also distributed by Columbia Pictures.
- Bill Murray will not return for the sequel, as he died in the first film when Colombus (Jesse Eisenberg) shot him by accident.
- The leaked plot of the film mentions that there will be new types of zombies, specifically called "super zombies".
- On mid January, the plot of the film specifically reveals the types of zombies that will appear in the film. Those include: Homers (dumb ones), Hawkings (smart ones) and Ninjas (deadly ones).