Trivia for Where'd You Go, Bernadette
Showing all 9 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- Based upon the novel of the same name by Maria Semple.
- Newcomer Emma Nelson's first feature film.
- Director Richard Linklater was attracted to the story because of the strong mother/daughter relationship, he being the father of three daughters and brother of two older sisters.
- While on location in Greenland, the production was hampered by a hurricane that lasted for 36 hours. Rather than wait it out, the crew went ahead and filmed the hurricane and included it in the final cut.
- Cate Blanchett and Billy Crudup both previously starred in Charlotte Gray (2001).
- Bernadette refers to Dr. Kurtz, the Judy Greer character, as "Colonel Kurtz" at one point. Colonel Kurtz was the enigmatic figure in the film Apocalypse Now (1979) in which Laurence Fishburne, who plays Bernadette's former colleague Paul Jellinek, had a part as Tyrone 'Clean' Miller, the youngest member on the boat.
- The film is an Amazon Studios production, which is very clear by all the Amazon Prime product placement. It is also mentioned that Jeff Bezos's brother-in-law is attending the party.
- The Antarctic Station design and construction in the closing credits is actually the Halley VI British Antarctic Research Station.
- At one point during the shoot, the production was going to resort to 'green screen' for some of the arctic scenes, but when Cate Blanchett insisted on authenticity, the production moved to Greenland.