Trivia for Where'd You Go, Bernadette
Showing all 10 items
- This is the first film that Richard Linklater directed that stars an Academy Award winning actor or actress (Cate Blanchett).
- Film release has been pushed back to March 22, 2019
- It's based upon the novel of the same name by Maria Semple.
- Kristen wiig and Laurence Fishburne have both been in the DC Cinematic Universe
- At one point during the shoot, the production was going to resort to 'green screen' for some of the arctic scenes, but when Cate Blanchett insisted on authenticity, the production moved to Greenland.
- This is newcomer Emma Nelson's first feature film.
- Director Richard Linklater was attracted to the story because of the strong mother/daughter relationship, he being the father of three daughters and brother of two older sisters.
- While on location in Greenland, the production was hampered by a hurricane that lasted for 36 hours. Rather than wait it out, the crew went ahead and filmed the hurricane and included it in the final cut.
- Cate Blanchett and Billy Crudup both previously starred in Charlotte Gray.
- Bernadette refers to Dr. Kurtz, the Judy Greer character, as "Colonel Kurtz" at one point. Colonel Kurtz was the enigmatic figure in the film "Apocalyse Now" in which Laurence Fishburne, who plays Bernadette's former colleague Paul Jellinek, had a part as Tyrone 'Clean' Miller, the youngest member on the boat.