Where the Crawdads Sing
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
- 43751 Central Station Drive, Ashburn, VA
- 1600 Village Market Boulevard, Leesburg, VA
- 7850e Tysons Corner Center, McLean, VA
- 7101 Democracy Boulevard, Bethesda, MD
- 3111 K Street N.W., Washington, DC
- 2772 South Randolph St., Arlington, VA
- 206 Hoffman Street, Alexandria, VA
- 2700 Potomac Mills Circle, Woodbridge, VA
- 20000 Century Boulevard, Germantown, MD
- 2911 District Ave, Fairfax, VA
- 8001 Gateway Promenade Place, Gainesville, VA
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Daisy Edgar-Jones
- Taylor John Smith
- Harris Dickinson
- Michael Hyatt
- Sterling Macer
- David Strathairn
- Jayson Warner Smith
- Garret Dillahunt
- Ahna O'Reilly
- Eric Ladin
Atom User Reviews
It was better than Thor love and thunder
The movie followed the book closely without sacrificing any of the key elements. Very well acted and beautiful setting. I also appreciated no gore or foul language.
Does the fact the film largely ignores the book’s treatise on nature and virtue absolve it of all connections to Owens’s real-life controversies? It certainly doesn’t, on an artistic level, improve what’s already contained on the page. Newman’s vision of rural South Carolina is scrubbed so clean you might as well call it #swampcore – the Spanish moss looks bright and pristine, the flower petals on the water almost consciously arranged.
Director Olivia Newman (First Match) bathes the story in so many broad, creaky tropes and odd tonal shifts that nothing ever feels real for a moment.
Instead of a complicated protagonist at the centre of an atmospheric thriller Edgar-Jones seems trapped in an ill-advised antebellum-themed Taylor Swift music video, exacerbated further by Swift’s dulcet tones heard over the end credits.