West Side Story
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
- 1600 Village Market Boulevard, Leesburg, VA
- 11940 Market Street, Reston, VA
- 6201 Multiplex Drive, Centreville, VA
- 7850e Tysons Corner Center, McLean, VA
- 2150 Clarendon Blvd., Arlington, VA
- 3111 K Street N.W., Washington, DC
- 2772 South Randolph St., Arlington, VA
- 206 Swamp Fox Rd., Alexandria, VA
- 2700 Potomac Mills Circle, Woodbridge, VA
- 22875 Brambleton Plaza, Ashburn, VA
- 20000 Century Boulevard, Germantown, MD
- 8001 Gateway Promenade Place, Gainesville, VA
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Ansel Elgort
- Rachel Zegler
- Ariana DeBose
- David Alvarez
- Mike Faist
- Rita Moreno
- Corey Stoll
- Josh Andrés Rivera
- Iris Menas
Atom User Reviews
So much talent on screen including costumes and lighting. Music orchestrations and singing, and sound effects transported you. Minor rewrites of some scenes, and creation of Doc were all for the greater good of the storytelling. #lovestory #stillrelevant #tragedy
Never thought of Spielberg directing a musical, but this is a valid re-creation of a major work. The cast is good, sings well, dances up a storm and brings new emphasis to the story. Just when I thought it was wrapping up, the plot expanded to include more details from Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, which gave it greater depth while adding to the reality of its 1950s setting. I definitely need to see this again.
West Side Story is timeless, because of the source material. Tragic romances never go out of style. Spielberg’s version successfully makes the classic contemporary.
It’s a good film. Will families gather round whatever video streaming device extant to watch it 60 years from now, the way we have with the 1961 film? No. This “West Side” is good, not great...But the joyous, moving and racially-charged show “West Side Story” has always been still makes this a must-see movie for the holidays and a worthy successor to a classic.
West Side Story is visually entrancing, emotional, and the choreography and staging magnetic even when certain aspects of the story don’t always work.