Goofs from Wes Craven's New Nightmare
Showing all 15 items
Jump to: Spoilers (4)
- (at around 10 mins) When Freddy phones Heather Langenkamp at her home after Chase leaves, the sounds of hanging up the phone do not match what Heather is doing. Also, Freddy's voice, saying "Freddy's coming for you!", is still heard a split second after the phone is hung up.
- (at around 46 mins) When Dylan is on the playground about to jump off, in the next scene when he jumps his stunt double is clearly a full grown man it also can be seen when he lands on Heather Langenkamp.
- When Heather Langenkamp talks to Robert Englund on the telephone, a white card and part of the crew is reflected on her door window as they part.
- Right after the second aftershock when Heather Langenkamp sees the four cracks appear in the wall she runs down the stairs and is wearing only black nylons on her feet. When she bends over to hug Dylan she is seen wearing powder blue slippers; then in the next shot after she comes back from calling Jason at the door, the slippers are gone again.
- (at around 1h 14 mins) The junior nurse's arms change position between shots when she tells the nurse that Heather Langenkamp probably doesn't let her son sleep very much.
- (at around 1h 18 mins) When Julie punches out the head nurse, she is knocked out cold onto the floor. The second nurse runs out the door screaming, afraid of the syringe. Somehow, the head nurse ends up outside the door trying to get inside.
- (at around 1h 4 mins) Heather is asked whether she wishes to play the role of Nancy again - although Nancy died in A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987).
- When Heather Langenkamp picks up the coffee cup in producer Robert Shaye's office, she holds the handle with her right hand. In the next shot, she holds the handle in her left hand.
- After Dylan has fallen off the rocket ship and hugs Heather, he tucks his left arm under her right. But in one shot of her from behind, his left hand is on the back of her head.
- (At around 55 minutes) When the claw pokes through Heather's sheet as she sleeps, it has rounded blades on it. But when the claw starts to drag down towards her face, it has the normal, sharp blade look.
- At the beginning of the movie, just after Heather's first nightmare, Chase claims that he cut his fingers when the '"picture" fell (around 5:20). In a scene just after when Heather describes her nightmare to Chase, he suggests she must have seen him cut his fingers when the "mirror" fell (about 7:45). It was, in fact, a mirror that fell.
- (at around 1h 40 mins) In the final scene, Heather Langenkamp flips to the end of the script. In the next shot she's at the beginning of the script, then in the next shot she's back at the end and flips to the front.
- (at around 1h 21 mins) At the hospital, when the babysitter is killed, the trail of blood changes between shots as Freddy drags her up the wall.
- (at around 1h 35 mins) As Heather Langenkamp watches Freddy reach into the furnace from behind, Freddy is grabbing at Dylan in an upside-down fashion, but when we next see the two in there Freddy is leaning on his front.
- (at around 1h 35 mins) During the final scene when Dylan is in the furnace, he has to push aside a snake to escape. The snake is exhibiting a rattling sound. The actual snake is an immature albino Suriname boa constrictor, and they do not rattle. Only rattlesnakes give off that sound as a warning.