Trivia for Weathering With You
Showing all 16 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- This is the second film of Makoto Shinkai to feature music by the band Radwimps.
- Young actors Kotaro Daigo and Nana Mori, managed to get the parts as the two main characters, with more than 2000 people auditioning for the roles.
- This is Makoto Shinkai's seventh anime film to date. Since 2002, he has also directed Voices of a Distant Star (2002), The Place Promised in Our Early Days (2004), 5 Centimeters per Second (2007), Children who Chase Lost Voices (2011), The Garden of Words (2013), and Japan's most successful anime film to date Your Name (2016).
- This is Makoto Shinkai's sixth feature film and 12th film overall. Running at 111 minutes it's also now his longest film, beating out the previous record holder of Your Name. (2016) (106 minutes) which beat his first feature film, The Place Promised in Our Early Days (2004) (90 minutes).
- The third official trailer; "Katawaredoki" was can be heard slightly but it changes to a different key playing the main theme song "Is there still anything that love can do"
- Weathering With You is officially selected in Toronto Internation Film Festival. It will be part of the Special Presentations section.
- The is Makoto Shinkai's first film where he does not act as director of photography. Ryôsuke Tsuda, who was a director of photography on Beautiful Bones: Sakurako's Investigation (2015) and a photographer on Shinkai's previous film, Your Name. (2016) took up the job as DP.
- Kana Hanazawa already worked on Makoto Shinkai's previous titles in The Garden of Words (2013) and Your Name. (2016)
- The film was part of the line-up at TIFF Toronto International Film Festival in 2019.
- "Weathering with you" is the first anime film to be officially released in India. Director Makato Shinkai noted the online traction the film was getting especially in twitter where Indian fans started trending #Indiawantsanime and made the release of the film possible theatrically.
- In China, actress Chaoyue Yang played the 100% Sunshine Girl in the promotional campaign.
- Was submitted for consideration for International Feature Film (formerly Foreign Language Film) for the 92nd Academy Awards, the first Japanese anime film to be submitted in this category since Princess Mononoke (1997). The film ultimately didn't secure a nomination for the category, being removed from the shortlist in December 2019.
- The original title tenki no ko, literally means weather's child.
- The Trump presidency and the climate change in Tokyo inspired the concept of this film.
- Hodaka is inspired by Holden Caulfield, the fictional character of "The Catcher In The Rye". In the film, Hodaka carries the book with him on the ferry to Tokyo.
- When Hodaka, Hina, and Nagi performing ritual for an elderly woman, her grandson is Taki Tachibana from Your Name (2016). This can be seen from her house family name. The shop clerk whom Hodaka bought Hina's birthday present from is also a character from Your Name (2016), Mitsuha Miyamizu. This can be seen from her name tag. Makoto Shinkai confirmed that these scenes take place just before the ending of Your Name, where Mitsuha and Taki meet in the stairway. Both characters were reprised by their original voice actors as well.