Trivia for Vox Lux
Showing all 13 items
- Rooney Mara's first musical since Annette.
- Discribed by filmmakers as being a combination of We Need To Talk About Kevin and Dream Girls.
- [link=nm1913734] was attached to the lead role when the project was announced. After the project was put on hold, Mara dropped out and [link
- Rooney Mara was attached to the lead role when the project was announced. After the project was put on hold, Mara dropped out and Portman replaced her.
- This will be Natalie Portman and Jude Law's second film together. The first being Closer (2004).
- This is Natalie Portman's and Jude Law's fourth collaboration. The others were Cold Mountain (2003), Closer (2004), and My Blueberry Nights (2007).
- Second collaboration between Natalie Portman and Jennifer Jason Leigh after Annihilation (2018).
- Second collaboration between Jude Law and Jennifer Jason Leigh after eXistenZ (1999).
- Natalie Portman shot her part in only 10 days.
- During the film's Q&A at the 2018 Toronto International Film Festival, Brady Corbet, the director of the film, revealed that the title of the film, Vox Lux, means Voice of Light in Latin.
- The film premiered at TIFF in Canada in 2018.
- Dance choreography was done by Benjamin Millepied, husband of Natalie Portman.
- The director claims that "Vox Lux" means "voice of light" in Latin. The correct Latin translation would be "Vox Lucis." In Latin, a word's ending depends on its role in a particular phrase. "Vox Lux" is simply two nouns, "voice light".