Trivia for Vita & Virginia
Showing all 8 items
- Eva Green was originally cast in the lead role. Had Green not dropped out, this would have marked a Bond reunion as both Gemma Arterton and Green have played Bond girls to Daniel Craig's Bond, although in different movies. Arterton in Quantum of Solace (2008) and Green in Casino Royale (2006).
- Eva Green was originally cast as Virginia Woolf but dropped out. Andrea Riseborough replaced her. Riseborough later dropped out as well and Elizabeth Debicki was cast.
- The film premiered at TIFF (Toronto international Film Festival) in September 2018.
- Gethin Anthony (Clive Bell) and Brenock O'Connor (Julian Bell) both previously appeared in Game of Thrones (2011), in the roles of Renly Baratheon and Olly respectively. They are among a number of former Game of Thrones cast members who have also played members of the Bloomsbury Group on screen: the others include Jonathan Pryce (the High Sparrow in Game of Thrones) who played Lytton Strachey in Carrington (1995); Stephen Dillane (Stannis Baratheon) who played Leonard Woolf in The Hours (2002); and Finn Jones (Loras Tyrell) who played Julian Bell in Life in Squares (2015).
- Original literary source : "Vita & Virginia", play by Eileen Atkins, Samuel French Ltd., London; 1-6-1995, 60 pgs., ISBN: 9780573130120.
- French visa # 150413.
- Eileen Atkins had asked for her name to be removed from the credits.
- In 2015 it was announced that Sacha Polak was attached to direct the film, with Romola Garai cast as Vita. Both subsequently left the project and Chanya Button signed on to direct instead, while Gemma Arterton took on the role of Vita.