Trivia for UglyDolls
Showing all 27 items
Jump to: Spoilers (2)
- STX Entertainment's first film for their "family and animation" division, although it's the second to release it.
- Troublemaker Studios' first animated film.
- The second movie to feature Gabriel Iglesias and Kelly Asbury together after Smurfs: The Lost Village (2017).
- The fourteenth theatrically animated film 2010s to be rated G by the MPAA, after Toy Story 3 (2010), Gnomeo & Juliet (2011), Rio (2011), Cars 2 (2011), Winnie the Pooh (2011), the English Dub of Arrietty (2010), Monsters University (2013), Khumba (2013), Rio 2 (2014), The Hero of Color City (2014), The Peanuts Movie (2015), Cars 3 (2017) and Charming (2018).
- Wage is the 5th character for Wanda Sykes to voice in a theatrical film, after Stella the Skunk from Over the Hedge (2006), Bessy the Cow from Barnyard (2006), Chloe the Canadian Goose from Rio (2011), and Gladys the Sloth from the last two Ice Age films.
- Nick Jonas' 2nd time voice acting in a theatrical film, after Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (2009).
- Meghan Trainor's 2nd time voice acting in a theatrical film, after Smurfs: The Lost Village (2017).
- Charli XCX's 2nd time voice acting in a theatrical film, after The Angry Birds Movie (2016).
- Kelly Clarkson's 2nd time voice acting in a theatrical film, after The Star (2017).
- Pitbull's 2nd time voice acting in a theatrical film, after Epic (2013).
- Uglydolls had made several cameos in movies such as Zathura: A Space Adventure (2005), Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium (2007), Enchanted (2007) and The Smurfs (2011).
- This is the first STX Entertainment film to be rated G by the MPAA.
- Blake Shelton's second animated film after The Angry Birds Movie (2016).
- Most of the voice cast of this film are music artists, some of which have had no major acting experiences.
- This is the animated debut for both Laura Nicole Harrison and Stephen Zimpel. This is also Zimpel's theatrical return since the horror film Filth to Ashes, Flesh to Dust (2011).
- This is the second animated feature for both Blake Shelton and Charli XCX, after The Angry Birds Movie (2016).
- Emma Roberts' character, Wedgehead, marks the second animated character to voice in a theatrical feature. Her first in the category is Wilma from the English version of The Flight Before Christmas (2008).
- Lucky Bat is the second animated character for Leehom Wang in a theatrically-released film. It is also marks his first English role. His first is in the category is the Dragon from the Chinese animated feature Where's the Dragon? (2015).
- In the "Unbreakable" song sequence, every mirror that Mandy (Janelle Monáe) steps into, it flashes yellow, while every mirror that Moxy (Kelly Clarkson) steps into, it flashes pink (her skin color).
- WILHELM SCREAM: The mail delivery creature screams as he gives the illustrations of Mandy & Moxy's capture to Ox.
- This will be Nick Jonas's first villain role in a theaterical film.
- Rob Riggle's seventh theatrically released animated film after The Lorax (2012), Hotel Transylvania (2012), Hotel Transylvania 2 (2015), Hell and Back (2015), The Emoji Movie (2017), and Henchmen (2018).
- Jayne Lynch's seventh fully animated film after Space Chimps (2008), Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009), Shrek Forever After (2010), Wreck it Ralph (2012), Escape from Planet Earth (2013), and Ralph Breaks the Internet (2018).
- The plot for this movie is similar to the same plot for Trolls (2016).
- This movie is released on physical home media in the U.S. four days before the Early Bird showing of The Angry Birds Movie 2 (2019), in which the movie's director Kelly Asbury gives a "Special Thanks" credit.
- In the "Unbreakable" song sequence, when every mirror is stepped by Mandy and Moxy it flashes yellow and pink, respectively by each character, but when they are together on the same mirror it flashes and glows white.
- At the end when the first ugly doll first picked up the broken glass and put it in place, she sang "show them who you are." And put her forehead to the door just like moana did when realize Takah was really tafeti.