Trivia for Tyler Perry's A Madea Family Funeral
Showing all 8 items
- This film was initially said to receive an R rating. However, like Boo 2! A Madea Halloween (2017), it was edited for a PG-13 rating.
- The original release date was August 3, 2018, but it was delayed to Fall 2018, then to March 1, 2019.
- Tyler Perry plays a new character: Madea and Joe's brother Heathrow, who claims to be a Vietnam War veteran.
- Perry has stated that this is intended to be the last Madea movie, but he did not decide to kill off the character in case he decides to portray her again in the future. As he explained, "She's also run out of things to say in my point of view. So if there's something else for her to say maybe one day she'll return but for right now, no, I think I'm done."
- This movie was filmed in 2017, before Boo 2! A Madea Halloween (2017) was released. It was originally set to be released in the second half of 2018, but Tyler Perry didn't want to release it right after Boo 2. He wanted to release Tyler Perry's Acrimony (2018) and Nobody's Fool (2018) first.
- Revealed in the production notes for the film: Heathrow actually lost his legs when a furious man caught him with his wife.
- This film was shot in less than a week.
- The angry cop Eddie is played by Joel Rush, who played a police officer named Eddie in Tyler Perry's If Loving You Is Wrong (2014).