Trivia for Tyler Perry's A Madea Family Funeral
Showing all 12 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- Tyler Perry plays a new character in this film, who happens to be Madea and Joe's brother.
- This film was initially said to receive an R rating. However, like "Boo 2! A Madea Halloween," it was edited for a PG-13 rating.
- The original release date was August 3, 2018, but it was delayed to Fall 2018, then to March 1, 2019.
- Tyler Perry plays a new character: Madea and Joe's brother Heathrow, who claims to be a Vietnam War veteran.
- The release date has been moved from Fall 2018 to March 1, 2019
- Will be the last Madea movie.
- This movie was filmed in 2017, before Boo 2! A Madea Halloween was released. It was originally set to be released in the second half of 2018, but Tyler Perry didn't want to release it right after Boo 2. He wanted to release Acrimony and Nobody's Fool first.
- The fourth film in the series in which Cassi Davis plays Aunt Bam, and the third film in the series in which Patrice Lovely plays Hattie.
- Revealed in the production notes for the film: Heathrow actually lost his legs when a furious man caught him with his wife.
- This film was shot under a week.
- In the scene where the family is pulled over by a police officer, the cop's name is Eddie; he's played by Joel Rush, who played a police officer named Eddie in Tyler Perry's "If Loving You Is Wrong."
- Recently in an interview for "Nobody's Fool", Tyler Perry announced that this will be the very last Madea movie...