Trivia for Tyler Perry's A Madea Family Funeral
Showing all 12 items
Jump to: Spoilers (1)
- Tyler Perry plays a new character in this film, who happens to be Madea and Joe's brother.
- This film was initially said to receive an R rating. However, like "Boo 2! A Madea Halloween," it was edited for a PG-13 rating.
- The original release date was August 3, 2018, before being delayed to fall 2018 and then March 1, 2019.
- Tyler Perry plays a new character named Heathrow, Madea and Joe's brother. He was also a Vietnam war veteran.
- The release date has been moved from Fall 2018 to March 1, 2019
- Will be the last Madea movie.
- This movie was filmed in 2017, before Boo 2! A Madea Halloween was released. It was originally set to be released in the second half of 2018, however, Tyler Perry didn't want to release it right after Boo 2. He wanted to release this film after releasing Acrimony and Nobody's Fool.
- The fourth film in the series in which Cassi Davis plays Aunt Bam, and the third film in the series in which Patrice Lovely plays Hattie.
- Revealed in the production notes for the film that Heathrow isn't crippled because he was a war veteran. He uses that excuse because he was caught with a married woman.
- This film was shot under a week.
- In the scene where the family is pulled over by a police officer, the cop's name is "Eddie," and is played by Joel Rush, who played a police officer named Eddie in Tyler Perry's "If Loving You Is Wrong."
- Recently in an interview for "Nobody's Fool", Tyler Perry announced that this will be the very last Madea movie...