Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Tom Hanks
- Tim Allen
- Don Rickles
- Jim Varney
- Wallace Shawn
- John Ratzenberger
- Annie Potts
- John Morris
- Erik von Detten
- Laurie Metcalf
Did You Know?
- When the film was re-released on DVD, it was found that almost twenty percent of the original animation files were corrupted, proving to the studio that digital storage was not as feasible as they thought it would be at the time the film was made.
- As the aliens tell Buzz about their "master", Woody can be seen behind them, both hands on the rim of the exit chute. In the very next shot, Woody has his left hand on his forehead.
- [Woody, scared, walks backwards and he gets startled by Buzz. Buzz keeps talking to his "mission log"]
- Buzz: And according to my navi-computer, the...
- [pause, then screams]
- Woody: YOU - ARE - A... *TOY*! You aren't the real Buzz Lightyear, you're... you're, you're an action figure!
- [holds hand up to eyes indicating something small]
- Woody: *You* are a child's *plaything*!
- Buzz: You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity.
- [waves in military fashion]
- Buzz: Farewell.
- [starts to walk away]
- Woody: Oh, yeah? Well, good riddance, ya loony!
- [walks off grumbling sarcastically]
- Woody: "Rendezvous with Star Command".
- Woody: SHUT UP! Just shut up, you idiot!
- Buzz: Sheriff, this is no time to panic.
- Woody: This is a perfect time to panic! I'm lost, Andy is gone, they're gonna move from their house in two days, and it's all your fault!
- Buzz: My-my fault? If you hadn't pushed me out of the window in the first place...
- Woody: Oh, yeah? Well, if *you* hadn't shown up with your stupid little cardboard spaceship and taken away everything that was important to me...!
- Buzz: Don't talk to me about importance! Because of *you*, the future of this entire universe is in jeopardy!
- Woody: WHAT? What are you talkin' about?
- Buzz: Right now, poised at the edge of the galaxy, Emperor Zurg has been secretly building a weapon with the destructive capacity to annihilate an entire planet! I alone have information that reveals this weapon's only weakness. And *you*, my friend, are responsible for delaying my rendezvous with Star Command!
Atom User Reviews
With instant classic written all over it, Toy Story, the first full-length feature entirely composed of computer-generated animation, is a visually astounding, wildly inventive winner.
Toy Story is a complete joy.
It's that rarest of all films, the one that can unify, not divide, the generations, as both jaded teen-agers and their more innocent parents can connect with it. And of course for the kids, it's pure balm from heaven.