Trivia for Tolkien
Showing all 11 items
- Nicholas Hoult appeared in X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014), as did Sir Ian McKellen, who played Gandalf in Peter Jackson's movie adaptations of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings. Like the Lord of the Rings books, the X-Men comics also feature a character named Sauron; created by Magneto; and a graphic novel called The Return of the King.
- Trench scenes from World War 1 were filmed in Altringham, Cheshire.
- Nicholas Hoult's second outing as a famous author, having previously portrayed J.D. Salinger in Rebel in the Rye (2017).
- This is Finnish Director Dome Karukoski's first English language movie.
- Kate Birch, upcoming British actor did voice work on this film.
- The family and the Estate wish to make clear that they did not approve of, authorize or participate in the making of this film. They do not endorse it or its content in any way.
- Lily Collins once auditioned for the role of Tauriel that went to actress Evangeline Lilly in Peter Jackson's 'Hobbit' films.
- Ty Tennant's stepfather, David Tennant, appeared along side Derek Jacobi, who plays professor Wright, in an episode of Doctor Who in 2007.
- A member of the TCBS chastises Wagner's 'Das Rheingold,' saying it shouldn't take six hours to tell a story about a ring. Of course, the film adaptations of Tolkien's The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings would clock in at over seven hours and nine hours, respectively.
- This is Lily Collins's second biographical drama to be released in the United Kingdom on May 3rd, 2019. The first was Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil and Vile (2019).
- Nicholas Hoult has worked with several actors who played Tolkien's characters. He and Ian McKellen appeared together in X-Men: Days of Future Past and Jack the Giant Slayer, the latter of which also featured Bill Nighyand Andy Serkis. He also appeared in The Current War with Benedict Cumberbatch.