- 2hr 10m
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes
Atom User Reviews
Really should see it in IMAX. It was great and looked awesome.
this needs 6 stars!!!!!!!!!
Thor: Ragnarok is a much goofier film than its 2011 and 2013 predecessors, and also a better one.
The relatively laidback angle on all the murderous spree-ing gives Chris Hemsworth a chance to find the comic groove beneath the title character's beefcake godliness. He does it expertly, and the self-mocking humor is all the more welcome given Thor's essential blandness.
The film’s deadpan good cheer makes room for big-budget spectacle and a modicum of emotional depth, but a self-effacing vibe and pop-culture giddiness work the best here — necessary countermeasures as Marvel fights against the inevitable creative fatigue incurred after a decade of multiplex dominance.
Movie Info & Cast
- Chris Hemsworth
- Tom Hiddleston
- Cate Blanchett
- Idris Elba
- Jeff Goldblum
- Tessa Thompson
- Karl Urban
- Mark Ruffalo
- Anthony Hopkins
- Benedict Cumberbatch
Did You Know?
- In Norse mythology, Ragnarök is translated as "The Fate of the Gods", although it is often confused with the word "Götterdämmerung". The myth tells of the eventual destruction of the universe and mankind, as well as the deaths of several key figures in Norse Mythology, such as the gods Odin, Thor, Loki, Heimdall, Freyr, Sol, and Tyr, and the monsters, a.k.a. Jotun, Fenris, and Jörmungandr. A new generation of gods, the children of Odin, Thor, and Sol specifically, will take the place of the old ones, as the cycle of the world starts anew.
- When Skurge is firing his rifles "Dez" and "Troy," no shells are coming out of the rifles' ejector ports.
- [from trailer]
- Grandmaster: It's main event time. And now, I give you your Incredible, Astonishingly Savage...
- [the Hulk bursts through the stadium door]
- Thor: YES!
- [everyone in the stadium looks confused]
- Thor: Hey, hey! We know each other! He's a friend from work! Where have you been? Everybody thought you were dead! So much has happened since I last saw you. I lost my hammer like, yesterday so that's still pretty fresh. Loki, he's alive! Can you believe it? He's up there. Hey Loki! Look who it is!
- [the Hulk glares at Thor]
- Thor: Oh, come on.