- 1hr 45m
- 1hr 45m
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
- Emily Blunt
- Rupert Friend
- Paul Bettany
- Miranda Richardson
- Jim Broadbent
- Thomas Kretschmann
- Mark Strong
- Jesper Christensen
- Harriet Walter
- Jeanette Hain
Did You Know?
- The floppy mesh bonnet Emily Blunt wears in the garden is the same one Rosamund Pike wears in Meryton when she learns Mr. Bingley has returned to Netherfield in Pride & Prejudice (2005), Catherine Walker wears in the garden with Catherine in Northanger Abbey (2007), and an extra wears at church in Becoming Jane (2007).
- When Victoria meets the princes for the first time, the dog follows them out to the garden. You can hear the dog's nails clicking across the floor, even when the dog stops in the middle of the room.
- Princess Victoria: Do you ever feel like a chess piece yourself? In a game being played against your will.
- Prince Albert: Do you?
- Princess Victoria: Constantly. I see them leaning in and moving me around the board.
- Prince Albert: The Duchess and Sir John?
- Princess Victoria: Not just them. Uncle Leopold. The king. I'm sure half the politicians are ready to seize hold of my skirts and drag me from square to square.
- Prince Albert: Then you had better master the rules of the game until you play it better than they can.
- Princess Victoria: You don't recommend I find a husband to play it for me?
- Prince Albert: I should find one to play it with you, not for you.
Atom User Reviews
If the film itself isn't brilliant, its star most definitely is.
Emily Blunt, one of the best and most glamorous actresses to come out of England in recent years, makes an unusual but highly successful choice for the young Victoria.
Emily Blunt makes Victoria as irresistible a young woman as Dame Judi Dench made her an older one in Mrs. Brown (1997).