The Wizard of Oz (1939)
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimesfor
Videos & Photos
- Trailer for the 70th anniversary of this beloved classic now with bonus features (02:11)
- Trailer for The Wizard of Oz (02:04)
Movie Info & Cast
- Judy Garland
- Frank Morgan
- Ray Bolger
- Bert Lahr
- Jack Haley
- Billie Burke
- Margaret Hamilton
- Charley Grapewin
- Pat Walshe
- Clara Blandick
Did You Know?
- Judy Garland would later refer to the pint-sized Oscar Juvenile Award she won at 1939's Academy Awards as the Munchkin Award.
- A trapdoor can be seen opening so the Wicked Witch of the West can leave Munchkin Land.
- Auntie Em: Now you go feed those hogs before they worry themselves into anemia!
Atom User Reviews
This wonderful romp of a movie looks magical on the big screen: colors are a picnic for the eyes, details loom so clearly you can practically touch them and there's a sense of the larger-than-life with a film that's already larger than life.
Not only is it wonderfully entertaining, but the issues it addresses, and the way it presents them, are both universal and deeply personal. And therein lies The Wizard of Oz's true magic.
The Wizard of Oz remains the weirdest, scariest, kookiest, most haunting and indelible kid-flick-that's-really-for-adults ever made in Hollywood.