Trivia for The Upside
Showing all 11 items
- Colin Firth was attached to the lead role.
- Chris Tucker, Jamie Foxx, Chris Rock, and Idris Elba were all considered for the role played by Kevin Hart.
- Jessica Chastain and Michelle Williams were considered for the lead female role.
- First film production for Malia Obama, daughter of Barack Obama. She worked as an intern for The Weinstein Company during filming.
- This movie is a remake of a 2011 french movie called " Les intouchables ".
- This is a remake of the French film The Intouchables (2011). In Germany and The Netherlands, it was the most successful French film in history.
- Based on the story from the 2011 Foreign Film "The Intouchables".
- This is the second film in which Nicole Kidman was cast over Jessica Chastain, the other being Grace of Monaco (2014).
- Although the film was originally developed/produced by The Weinstein Company, and still credited as such in the version of the film that originally premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival in 2017, the company's and Harvey Weinstein's credits as executive producer do not appear in the theatrical version due to the bankruptcy of the company and the sale of the film to STX Entertainment.
- Nicole Kidman earned a rare feat when two of her films landed first and second place at the box office in the same weekend for The Upside and Aquaman. The second time this occurred was in 2013 with Jessica Chastain for Mama and Zero Dark Thirty.
- The real-life relationship between Philippe Pozzo di Borgo and Abdel Sellou was depicted in the documentary A la vie, ? la mort (2003).