The Public Enemy (1931)
- 1hr 23m
- 1hr 23m
A young hoodlum rises up through the ranks of the Chicago underworld, even as a gangster's accidental death threatens to spark a bloody mob war. More Details »
Find Movie Theaters & Showtimes for:
Hmm... we couldn't find any showtimes for this date and location.
Videos & Photos
Movie Info & Cast
Director: William A. Wellman
Producer: Darryl F. Zanuck
Writer: Kubec Glasmon, John Bright, Harvey F. Thew
Release Date: May 15, 1931
Runtime: 1hr 23m
A young hoodlum rises up through the ranks of the Chicago underworld, even as a gangster's accidental death threatens to spark a bloody mob war.
- James Cagney
- Jean Harlow
- Edward Woods
- Joan Blondell
- Donald Cook
- Leslie Fenton
- Beryl Mercer
- Robert Emmett O'Connor
- Murray Kinnell
- Clark Burroughs
Did You Know?
- James Cagney based his performance on Chicago gangster Charles Dion O'Bannion and two New York City hoodlums he had known as a youth.
- As a truck is leaving the Leehman Brewing Company, the shadow of a boom mic is visible on the side of the truck as it drives out the gate.
- [Tom stumbles from a gun fight gone wrong with the rival gang. He's barely walking and soaked from the rain]
- Tom Powers: ... I ain't so tough.
- [Tom collapses in the gutter]
Atom User Reviews
No one has posted a user review yet.
Full Screen Image Viewer