Goofs from The Last Temptation of Christ
Showing all 7 items
- When the first man is being crucified, as he yells when the soldier nails his hand, we can see a lot of metal fillings in his upper teeth.
- Camera shadow is cast over Jesus and other characters just before he is baptized by John The Baptist.
- The state of Mary Magdalene's robe when confronted by Jesus at the beginning.
- In the market when Saul pulls Judas aside and asks "what are you doing with this magician?", the shadow of the boom mic is visible on the stone above Saul's head.
- Mary Magdalene is wearing shiny, modern, red nail polish in the first scenes with her.
- The film opens with a printed text, translated from the writings of Nikos Kazantzakis. It contains the line "My principle anguish and source of all my joys and sorrows from my youth onward has been the incessant, merciless battle between the spirit and the flesh." The word "principle" is used incorrectly, the correct context is "principal." This mistake has not been corrected in any home video release despite being widely noted ever since the movie first came out.
- In the closeup on the well-dressed man (that Jesus followed into the brothel), we can see that he is wearing a contact lens.