Trivia for The Last Full Measure
Showing all 8 items
- Samuel L. Jackson, Sebastian Stan, and William Hurt appeared in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Jackson played Nick Fury, Stan played Bucky Barnes, and Hurt played Thaddeus E. "Thunderbolt" Ross. Peter Fonda also appeared as Mephistopheles in Ghost Rider (2007), another Marvel movie.
- Grant Gustin was originally named as a possibility for the role of William H. Pitsenbarger, Jr.
- On 8 September 2018, it was announced Roadside Attractions had acquired the distribution rights to the film, indicating a likely early 2019 wide release, however the film was finally released in the United States on 24 January 2020.
- John Savage starred as a Vietnam war P.O.W./veteran in 'The Deer Hunter'.
- One of Peter Fonda's last films, released after dying of lung cancer in 2019.
- During the credits there are interviews with the real airmen and soldiers who knew Pitsenbarger.
- The actual helicopters used during the Abilne mission by the Air Force were not the Bell UH-1 Iroquois but in fact the Kaman HH-43FF Huskie. The scarcity and cost of transporting them forced the film makers to use the UH-1 instead.
- The 105mm artillery support that provided the danger close fire mission mentioned in this film on Operation Abilene was not from the US Army but from the 161st Battery Royal New Zealand Artillery. This same unit is also featured in the 2019 film, "Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan", which features a battle that took place 4 months later in the same province during 1966, against the same 274th and 275th North Vietnamese Army Regiments as this film.