Trivia for The Last Black Man in San Francisco
Showing all 8 items
- Cameo: The lead singer of the San Francisco punk band Dead Kennedys, Jello Biafra, has a cameo in this film.
- Cameo: Director Joe Talbot makes a cameo appearance when Jimmie is passing out flyers for Mont's play to people on the streets of San Francisco.
- The poster was illustrated in the style of Walter Dean Myers' book covers.
- The short role of Uncle Ricky is played by Daewon Song who is a professional skateboarder.
- Cameo: San Francisco Fillmore neighborhood based rapper, San Quinn, makes a cameo buying Twix from, and arguing with the candy lady.
- Cameo: Mike Marshall, known for singing the chorus to "I Got 5 On It" and for the song "Rumors" with the Timex Social Club, makes a cameo appearance performing the song "San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Flowers in Your Hair)". The film also has a nod to his famous performance as he jokingly starts to sing "I Got 5 On It" at the end of the scene.
- The filmmaker is a fan of 'Ghost World' and Thora Birch appears in one of the bus scenes. At the end of 'Ghost World', Enid (Thora Birch) is seen waiting for a bus. Once the bus arrives, she gets on and the bus drives away. In 'The Last Black Man in San Fransisco' there is a scene with Becca (Thora Birch) sitting on a bus with another woman. They are complaining about living in San Fransisco and her friend suggests moving to Los Angeles ('Ghost World' was filmed in Los Angeles). On the subject of 'Ghost World', Joe Talbot, the director said, "When we first talked to Thora about it, we sort of joked that it was like her character from Ghost World, if it was 15 years later and she got a job in tech in San Francisco, if she never got off the bus, and she left in that movie."
- In the scene where Becca (Thora Birch) is sitting on the bus, she has a pair of glasses in her pocket, the same glasses that Enid (Thora Birch) wears in 'Ghost World'.